What... the .....hell

Picture of Marissa
I don't lift my head until I hear the first sobs come. What the hell happened? I look at her, lifting my head slowly. She finally lifts her head and I can see her eyes. They are puffy and red. My head begans to spin. What is going on? I finally get the nerve to ask her. To speak the first words I have spoken to her in the last three years. "Hey Marissa, remember me. What's wrong?". She takes a while to respond. She takes a deep breath and looks at me. I look into her eyes and see sadness and pain. Her life is very quiet. " Me and Jacob are having a few problems. ". Oh my fuking gosh. Did he tell her? I didn't even know they were still dating. She looks at me with those sad eyes and I feel a sting of pain. "What happened?" I ask scared to know the answer. "I caught him in bed with my sister." She says tears swelling up in her eyes again. "I'm so sorry Marissa." I say. "I was wondering if you could talk to Jake about it?" I lose my voice . I'm speechless. Talk to Jake. Yeah right why would he listen to me? "I'll try. I promise.
Later that evening I find Jacob talking to some of his friends. I try to ignore the stares from the other boys. They clearly know about the breakup. Why should I care? I walk up to him stopping a few inches from him. He reads my expression and reads my mind. He pulls me into a vacant classroom. "What's up?" He asks. He runs a hand through his brown hair. "I just saw Marissa and she told me about how you slept with her sister." I reply. He sits down in one of the chairs. "We're just having some problems. Why do you care anyway?" He says a little agitated. "Becaisebshe asked me to talk to you and I know we haven't been the best of friends but that's all I really want. Our friendship back." I say. He takes a minute to think about what he is going to say next. "I miss our friendship to but Marissa takes most of my time. With her practices and extra sports. I'm just tired." He says. "But do you love her? If you did you wouldn't be complaining. Love has no boundaries." I say. "Maybe I'm falling out of love with her." He says. He stands until he is towering over me. "Maybe I love someone else." He says. He takes a step close to me. Suddenly he cups my face and brings it closer to his. I don't resist. Our lips connect. Tingles shoot through my body his soft lips push gently against mine. His tongue licks my bottom lip trying to get me to open my mouth. I open my mouth and hear him let out a small moan. He begans to press his lips harder. The kiss ends with me pushing him away and walking out the room in silence. On my way walking to the senior parking lot, I spot Marissa still sitting along the wall. I can't bear to look at her, considering what I just did with her boyfriend.