CHAPTER 6 - Apologies

"Nora" someone yelled, and My heart seized. If I was in school, I would have probably ignored the call but right here, it meant trouble on so many levels, plus, only one person had ever called me Nora, in my entire life. At first I was relieved- the burden of finding my way back and braving the walk through the tunnel again, reduced but thereafter, i cursed under my breath. He was going to ruin everything, thats what he always did when it came to my peace of mind. Plus, how the hell did he find this place? No one was supposed to know this place existed. It was a secret. I got to my feet and turned around almost losing my balance. I had to crouch down and hold the rocks to steady me.

He barked out again " get up here right now"

I didn't even think of disobeying his command. As usual, it held the promise of torture. Carefully, I made my way over the bank, and walked over to him. I stopped when I got within 10 feet of him. He had his hands in his pocket. He again looked as calm as usual but I Was too scared to meet his eyes, So I couldn't tell if he was angry. His hair was thorough messed up, and hung this way and that- probably due to the wind. Even with his disheveled appearance, he looked more elegant than anyone I had ever seen in my life. It's almost as if he was born with it, and couldn't do anything about it, no matter what state he was in. My heart fluttered a little bit and i warned it off with a frown. No way was I going to develop any feelings for him.

I Already had enough problems.His rolled up sleeves exposed fiercely bulging veins running up his arms and disappearing beneath the shirt. I guess this was another way of expressing his anger.

He took his hands out of his pocket and yelled.

"what the hell are you doing here"

I stared at him with widened eyes, refusing to cower and look down but choosing not to provoke him too much by running my mouth, so I just kept silent and watched.

He roughly ran his fingers through his hair, and grabbed it. He closed his eyes and then reopened them after a deep breath. The only thought that could come to my mind was "over react much? " I hissed under my breath at his unnecessary display of frustration at my obviously unwise decisions and continued to stare at him.

When he finally reopened them emotions clouded his face. Now that was shocking. He had never done that before. He always held his face aloof, devoid of anything that could reveal what was going on inside him. Frustration passed through his face, and then confusion.

"what is wrong with you?" he asked. It sounded more like a plea than a question. I just stared back. What was i Supposed to say? I'm sorry. For what? Putting my own life at risk at the expense of your peace of mind. It was none of his business. He was the reason I even found my way here in the first place.his weird habit of butting and condemning my problems and decisions. I wasn't angry at least not right now, and i didn't think i could foster up the strength to react. it was probably the solitude of the stream that was still keeping calm. I automatically straightened as he moved. I watched him suspiciously as he marched towards me. He reached out to grab my hand and said.

"common, lets get out of here". Before he could reach me, I darted out of his reach.

"what do you think you're doing, don't touch me.". I warned.

Frowning, he stopped and looked at me.

"what do you think you're doing"

"I've told you" I replied" that is none of your business."

"do you think this is a joke? This isn't school, we are not safe. we're in the middle of a forest that has probably been abandoned for centuries. You could die here."