Chapter 17 - Thanks for Everything

"I can't do this, Nadia, I'm sorry," Niall pushes me off him.

My face is drenched in tears that flow down incessantly. I look around to find that we're engulfed by mountains. Niall stands a little away from me, wearing a faded pink tee and light blue colored denims. He looks tensed as if battling an internal war.

"Niall," I hum his name, trying to catch my breath.

I've no idea why I'm feeling like this, and nor why I'm crying.

"I love Ava, I love her, and I can't do this, Nadia. Not now, not ever, I'm sorry, really sorry," Niall says, bending his head down.

"I don't understand what can't you do?" I ask, knitting my brows.

"I'm sorry, Nadia," he looks down, and shakes his head. "I'm so sorry," he turns around and starts walking.

"Niall, Niall, wait," I scream after him.

"Wow, good morning, Noddy," a familiar voice breaks my sleep, and I hastily open my eyes.

I notice Niall standing before me, a wide grin spread across his lips.

"Where am I? What are you doing in my apartment? Whose bed is this?" I panic, rummaging through my pillows and blankets.

Niall sits down in the bed, and grab my hands firmly.

"Hey, listen to me," he says, and I look at him, still panting. "You're not in your apartment, we're in Cheekmaghalour, we came here last night, remember?"

I stare at him for a few seconds with my mouth agape as I try to recall everything.

It comes back to me in split seconds only, and I take a deep and long sigh, bending my head down. I feel Niall rubbing circles behind my back, and muttering something in my ears. I lift my head and meet my eyes with him, and squint them to tell him that I can't understand anything.

"You saw a bad dream?" he raises his voice an octave.

I keep looking in his eyes, and that's when I remember I tried to kiss Niall in my dream, only to get pushed away by him. Everything about him talking about Ava, and apologizing to me becomes clear in my head now.

"Nadia?" his eyes carry so much concern for me.

I bite my lower lip and close my eyes, feeling extremely embarrassed to have felt this way in the dream.

"Ahhmm," I hesitate to say anything to him. "Yeah, I....It was very bad," I mumble.

"Why were you shouting my name?" he asks.

I swallow, trying to find a quick reason. "I don't remember exactly."

Niall stays silent for quite a few seconds. "It's okay," he pats on my shoulder. "It's 9.30 already, and you're still sleeping. Hurry up, wake up, and get ready. C'mon, c'mon," he takes the blankets off me.

I smile and quickly get off the bed.

"Give me 15 minutes, I'll be ready," I say.

"I'll give you 30, just get ready, okay?"

"Okay," I nod, holding onto my smile.

"Okay," he nods as well and leaves the room, closing the door shut.

I stare at the ground, and breathe heavily. I put my head in my hands and try to comprehend the dream that I had. The first question that pops in my head is why? Why Niall? Why not Steven? I should hate him; he has always given me every reason to detest him.