I see you as mine

The romantic atmosphere blossomed as two love-struck hedgehogs were seen frantically snuggling on one of the comfiest beds the ebony had ever lied on. And when i mean frantically, I MEAN FRANTICALLY. The cobalt was squeezing the charcoal hedgehog so tight that Shadow thought he might pass out from lack of oxygen. But he had no right to complain because he was holding him unbearably close as well. The closer they were the safer he felt. And after a few more minutes, he realized he couldn't take it anymore. Not only was he desperate for air but something about this energy that passed between them when they were near was making his body unbelievably hot. He gently pushed the sapphire hedgehog away as the coldness of bedroom caught him off guard, causing him to shiver in the process.

"Sooooo, gonna tell me how ya feel, my ebony beauty?" The azure requested mischievously as he gently stroked the charcoal hedgehog's warm cheek.

"Technically, I don't have to because I saved YOU. Meaning you have to do what I say. And I want to keep my mouth shut." The ebony replied, slightly irritated with the cobalt's mocking tone of voice.

"Hmph, why you gotta be so harsh shads? Do you have any idea how much trouble I went through to locate you? I mentally traumatized Tails and almost murdered Knuckles. I still think I deserve an answer... It's not about the destination, it's the adventure." The azure responded as a slight smile creeped onto his face before he gently poked the ebony's silky soft stomach.

"When did you become so wise? You're growing up way too fast for more liking." Shadow replied playfully as he gently grabbed Sonic's hand and pushed it against his stomach.

He gave the cobalt hedgehog a little wink and was surprised to see his face explode bright red. He wasn't quite used to the ebony not rejecting him right off the bat. His eyes showed slight confusion with a hint of happiness before realizing he had been staring straight at the charcoal hedgehog for about five minutes. It was odd, Shadow didn't seem to mind... As a matter of fact, he thoroughly enjoyed the silence. It gave him time to really appreciate how unique this situation was.

"I must... For my beautiful princess deserves it." Sonic replied cleverly as he gently pet the ebony's torso.

"Oh god... Stop, before I vomit rainbows and unicorns." Shadow countered teasingly as he became slightly embarrassed for letting himself get so mushy and romantic.

"What did rainbows and unicorns ever do to you? Last time I checked, you did have that cute little pony sculpture thing in your bedroom." The sapphire hedgehog responded mockingly as he bent down and gave Shadow's stomach a little peck.

"That is a work of art! Not proof that I am a girly submissive drama queen." Shadow replied irritably as he awkwardly shoved the cobalt off his body, causing him to fly to the other end of the bed.

"Aww but that's what I love most about you. When you blush and give me those loving-irresistible-passive eyes, I practically melt." The azure whispered sweetly as he started slowly crawling on his hands and feet towards the embarrassed ebony hedgehog.

"Didn't I just tell you to stop with the romantic stuff? I'm still mad at you for forcing me to Chaos control, you know. You're lucky I didn't die of lack of energy." He responded sternly as he glared coldly at the cobalt, emphasizing that he was no longer in the mood for his over sappy bull.

"I'll give ya that one. I'm sorry you had to do that. It's just..." The sapphire hedgehog replied as he continued to crawl closer before flashing shameful eyes at the ebony's harsh face.

"I know, I know. Let's not talk about it. I don't want you having another mental breakdown." Shadow uttered soothingly as he felt a tad sympathetic that the azure had to relive whatever horrible event he had suffered from when he was a child.

"At least you're safe... Away from that abomination." Sonic replied disgracefully as he crawled into the ebony's lap before wrapping himself into a little furry blue ball.

"How do you know that? You never even spoke to him." Shadow uttered firmly as he gently pat the top of the azure's head.

"Because I know myself better than anyone..." He responded sadly as he rubbed his slightly teary eyes against the charcoal hedgehog's leg.

"Sonic... Didn't I just say you're NOT a disgrace? You're a very talented hero with a lot of charm and charisma..." Shadow gently grabbed the sapphire hedgehog's waist and flipped him over so that his face was staring straight up at the ebony hedgehog.

Sonic continued to lay in his lap as he stared straight up at his magnificent ruby eyes before glancing to the side distressfully. He let out an utterly hopeless sigh as he felt like not even his eternal lover understood how he felt about the situation.

"You don't get it... Neither does Tails or anyone..." He shook his head left and right before glancing down at the bed. Too ashamed to look at the beautiful eyes of his rivalany longer.

"You expect me to trust you when you don't even trust me?" Shadow replied gently, very frustrated that the azure was being so unbelievably persistent.

"I do trust you but you weren't there... You didn't see what I saw Shadow. And until you do, you won't understand anything." Sonic whispered as he sat up in the ebony's lap and started to crawl to another side of the bed. Feeling that he didn't deserve affection of any kind, especially not Shadow's.

"I can remember a certain hedgehog reminding me constantly that there's no point in worrying about the past. You have done more than enough to prove to me and everyone else that you're not that person any longer. And you should learn to accept that." The charcoal hedgehog countered comfortingly as the immediately wrapped his arms around Sonic from behind.

Oddly enough, the sapphire hedgehog struggled a little, which for Shadow was a bit of a surprise. He was so used to the stupid kid embracing him back without a single thought but this ashamed dark Sonic made him almost seem fearful and submissive. How interesting...

Finally, after a half a minute or so, he completely gave in and tightly gripped the ebony's hand.

"Who do you see me as then, Shads?" The cobalt hedgehog questioned slightly teasingly as he turned his head and gave the ebony a confident stare indicating him taking back the dominant role.

There was quite a long pause as Shadow's face returned back to its soft, passive features. His mouth wouldn't dare vocalize the response lying deep inside his heart as the relief of Sonic going back to his dominant self somewhat comforted his mind. He never really liked being assertive or harsh. Deep down inside, he really just wanted to be loved for the kind, submissive, gentle man he really was and it looked as if Sonic did...

(Mine...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessabell: Sorry about the short chapter!!! Chapters 29 and 30 were originally one chapter, but it just got a little too long. This gives me a little more time to edit. Don't worry, the next one is a bit lengthier!

Thanks for the support !