Learning to Love Right Chapter 1

"Keep it moving girls. We have to find the village before the full moon tomorrow night" Alaric said.

"Can't we take a break my feet are killing me" my sister Katherine whined.

"Me to and I'm thirsty. Can I have some water"? My other sister Elena begged. Elena and Katherine are my twin "sisters". Elena and Katherine's mother died giving birth to them and their father died from disease a few years later. My mother and father were murdered by werewolves and I was their to witness it.

Days later Alaric had found me in my dead village alone and hungry. He took me back to his village and fed me and trained me to defend myself. I was 16. A year later we discovered Elena and Katherine as orphans and took them in and trained them too. They were 15.

Now over a year had passed. I am now almost 18 and my sisters almost 17. Recently our village had been attacked by werewolves and the four of us managed to escape with our training. Now we were headed to a village with that was much safer than the last hoping to reach it before the full moon tomorrow.

"No Elena as I've said before we must conserve the water and food. Do you hear your sister Caroline complaining. No breaks. We should reach the village soon" Alaric said. Both sisters shut their mouths still not used to being treated like this.

Usually they are fawned over 24/7. With their beautiful doe eyes, flawless skin, perfect lips, and silky long hair boys were drawn to them. And it hurt cause no one ever paid attention to me.

Caroline. The girl with long blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. I'm the older one too and soon Alaric will start looking for a husband for me.

I looked at my surroundings searching for any signs of life distracting myself from my thoughts while Elena and Katherine were bickering again.

"Shh... do you hear that? It sounds like...people" I said excitedly. We all walked faster until we walked through the trees and the village appeared. Then I saw him, probably the most handsome man I've ever seen...Niklaus Mikaelson.