3.3

3.3

NEW YORK

there is a reason

why people do

the terrible things they do

-

Jordyn looked over at the clock in her hospital room and felt how dry her throat was when she tried to swallow.

There was a knock at the door and Tamina walked in with water for her, "Here you go, it's cold so it should help."

"Thanks," Jordyn took it, "Is everyone else still here?"

"Yeah most of them," Tamina gave her a soft smile, "Um, Charlie and Sophie just went out for a coffee run, but everyone else is still here."

"How are you and Abbi getting along?" Jordyn chuckled, teasing her. Tamina rolled her eyes and sat down in the chair next to Jordyn's bed.

"I try to keep my distance," Tamina said, "For Calum's sake."

"What do you mean 'for Calum's sake'?" Jordyn frowned. Tamina looked over at her and raised her eyebrows and Jordyn chuckled, "No way."

"I think they like each other," Tamina shrugged, "The last thing I want to do is cause drama between me and her that could cause drama between them."

"Tamina it was one kiss," Jordyn laughed, "I don't think they're going to get together anytime soon, besides Abbi said that she didn't feel anything when they kissed."

"They kissed?" Tamina frowned.

Jordyn's face dropped and she nodded, then frowned, "Yeah, I thought you knew? You know everything, don't you."

"Most of the time," Tamina looked down, "How do you know she didn't feel anything?"

"She told me she didn't," Jordyn said, "She kind of did seem weird about it though, maybe she was lying. She's probably just scared, like you were."

"Are you comparing me to her?" Tamina asked, "Because if you are, I should hurt you."

Jordyn chuckled and shook her head, "Not necessarily, but you guys kind of have that similarity. She's afraid to love anyone because she's afraid of the pain that comes with loosing them, like you. Her whole life she's lost people, and she doesn't want to know what it's like to loose someone you're in love with. She's afraid to love, just like you."

Tamina looked over at Jordyn and remembered her conversation that she had with her mom before she had left Georgia, "Did Calum have feelings for you?"

"What?" Jordyn frowned.

"Well he must have had feelings for you if he went behind Ashton's back to do what you guys did, right?" Tamina asked.

Jordyn shook her head and replied with a look of disappointment on her face as she remembered her actions, "No, he didn't, we were both just.. lusting for each other, I guess."

"I just noticed that Abbi kind of looks like you," Tamina muttered, "And if he's interested in her, maybe he was interested in you too."

"Honestly Tamina, I really doubt that, but if you think that's the case, then ask him about it," Jordyn said to her, "I mean if you're asking me it's because you want to know."

"My mom told me that her best friend and her ex-boyfriend did the same thing that you and Calum did," Tamina said, "She forgave him, but not her."