4.1

4.1

BOSTON

A MONTH A HALF LATER

sometimes you try to make explanations

for the unexplainable because the idea

of not knowing the way

you thought you did, haunts you

-

Sophie pounded on the door, "Abbi!"

Michael kicked the door down and Sophie let out a horrific scream at the sight of her sister on the floor, the gun next to her hand and blood on the floor. She ran to her sister and knelt down, her knees hitting the blood. Abbi's body was cold, like she had been lying there for hours.

Sophie and Michael had been in New York the past two days, helping make even more preparations for their friends wedding.

The wedding could have happened sooner but with the revelation of Abbi knowing about the cure kind of slowed everyone down.

Sophie called Abbi the day before to come along to New York and try to talk to everyone and she said she would think about it, and now she was finding her lying on the bathroom floor, with no pulse.

"Abbi!" Sophie cried, her chest closing up and her lungs gasping for air.

Michael grabbed his phone to call an ambulance, but Sophie grabbed his phone and shouted, "No!"

"Sophie, she's dead," Michael grabbed his girlfriend, "I know that isn't-"

"Everyone else has been brought back from the dead, she can be too!" Sophie yelled, "I don't care what she did to Tamina, how bad it was, she's my sister and she saved my life, now it's my turn to save hers!"

"Sophie.." Michael trailed off.

"Call everyone else!" Sophie said, her voice shaky, "Now!"

Michael sighed and dialed everyone else one by one that there was an emergency and to get to Boston as soon as they possibly could.

"Michael what's this about?" Calum asked, being the last person who Michael called.

"Calum.." Michael trailed off, "Abbi's.."

Calum cleared his throat, "She's what Michael? Spit it out."

"She's dead," he responded.

He continued to explain the story, but Calum went deaf at that point, not literally but deaf to everything else around him, deaf to his own thoughts. He couldn't think, he didn't know what to say, what to do, how to react.

How was he supposed to react?

"Calum.." Michael walked away from Sophie, "We have to find a way to bring Abbi back, or else Sophie's going to do something stupid, like give up her soul. I know that Abbi betrayed all of us, but-"

"We'll be there soon," was all Calum said before hanging up the phone.

Hours and hours later, everyone was standing in Michael and Sophie's living room, including the demons. Sophie walked out, with blood all over her arms and clothes.

Calum took in a sharp breath and Sophie glared at all of them, "You guys did this to my sister."

"Sophie-" Michael started.

"All she wanted was something close to family and because you guys wanted so badly to cure that.." Sophie trailed off, staring at Tamina, "That bitch! Who didn't even want the cure in the damn first place! Now one of you better find a way to bring back my sister before I sell my soul for her!"