Cat out of the bag - Leo

The color is getting back into Alex's skin, it's getting slightly darker instead of being a vampire, pasty white. In the morning, I head to Alex's room, just to check on her. Aaron will be here later, Carmel and Colin and Rose got the couches, still sleeping. I lightly knock on the door, enough to where she'll hear me if she's awake, but possible not if asleep. 

"Who is it?"

"Leo," I let myself in. She's on her laptop, she closes it when I walk in. "Remember anything at all?" I'm like a dog who wants their treat after doing something good. 

"I had a dream about us going to a restaurant, I think it was Hibachi Grill or something." I smile. "Did that happen between us?" She covers her hand with her mouth. "Sorry if that was a weird question." I shake my head smiling.

"Yeah, it did."

"I had a lot of cuts everywhere, they were covered up with a jacket though, but I don't remember putting them there myself. Was I like that when we went there?"

I nod sadly. "Your dad pushed you down the stairs into a glass door, that's how that happened." I smile. "But now your skin is as fresh as can be."

"Do I have to remind you that I died? I'm rotting from the inside out." I hear her stomach growl. I smirk. "Whatever."

"Hungry?" I ask, she shakes her head. "Come on, I can make you something, or we can go to Hibachi Grill or something with the others."

"Who's that other girl downstairs? It's not Rose,  just some other girl."

"That's Carmel," I scowl. "Don't listen to anything she says, especially if it's about me, cause it's going to be lies."

"Or will it be a truth I don't want to hear?" 

"A lie," But it could be both. "We can go to the beach after eating, if you want."

"It's eleven, people will be there, and I don't like going to that beach when a lot of people are there." I smile.

"You remembered,"

"Not really, I just like going to the beach by myself."

"Refresh my memory, what is everyone to you? I don't remember them all."

"Colin is one of my best friends, that's how you met him. Rose is Colin's girlfriend, Carmel is my ex, Makayla is my sister, but you don't remember" She shakes her head, her eyes start to swell up. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," She swallows hard, wiping her eyes. "I don't remember anything, I can barely remember anything about myself, and I know I'm getting annoying with these damn questions that are probably obvious." I shake my head. 

"You'll get them back sooner or later, don't feel bad about it, Alex." I offer my hand, "Come on, we're going out."

***

We got a large table with six chairs at the Hibachi Grill. I sit across from Alex, she doesn't have much on her plate, and she looks up at my for a a moment. When I look back at her, she looks away. We're the only ones at the table, everyone else getting their food. 

"So, uh . . ." I trail off, stirring my tea with the straw. I want to ask her about her memory, if anything has come back to her about our date at the Hibachi Grill, but I think I already know the answer. "How are you?" 

Really, that's all I can say?

"I don't know. Died, brought back to life from some guy I don't even know, he says I've known him for five years, and now I have to live with him." She says sarcastically. "But good."