Another soul - Leo

Another human. I call up Carmel, she's on her way. I can't believe of all the people I call, it's Carmel. I mean, I don't want her to die, but I don't really . . . anyways. It will take her maybe three days to get here, Colin and I are going to meet his girlfriend. We left Makayla with Jordan, which is totally okay, I promise. 

How I got Carmel to get down here? I told her I wanted to talk about things. I didn't say it in a sexy way, I just said "I just need to talk to you and it's really important." I'm not wrong, either.

Makayla's been texting me for a while. Colin and me take turns driving, and he's driving the first hour and a half. By the time we get to her house-- which he knows where she lives, address and all-- We're both at the door. I don't stand next to him or anything, I actually go behind a bush near the door. Colin said he couldn't see me, so we're good.

When the door opens, she squeal. I can't help myself but I peek. Next thing I know those two are kissing. His hands tangled in her hair and her arms wrapped around his neck. I couldn't let him go alone, I had to see this happen. It's cute seeing couples see each other after a while. Those two video chat and talk a lot from what he's told me. 

"Oh my God," Rose says, pulling her lips away from his, an inch away. I know Colin, he wants to snatch her right off her feet and kiss her until the end of the world. "It's you."

"The one and only," He puts a hand to her cheek, kissing her warmly. "And before my friend does anything stupid, let me introduce you." I pop out of the bushes. She sees me and checks me out, her eyes looking me up and down. "This is Leo, Leo, this is Rose, my baby." She smiles kissing him on the cheek. Those two hold hands, squeezing hard.

I don't take any offence with them not being able to keep their hands off each other, even with Alex being dead, for now. He has that feeling that I had the first time I saw Alex. I wanted to hug her and hold her and just whisper in her ear everything would get better. But it only got worse. 

"Colin's told me about you." She laughs. "All good things, all good things." She clears her throat. "Sorry for the show."

"I knew it'd happen, plus I was in a similar position as you two." She smiles.

"You had a long distant relationship?"

"Something like that." She invites us in, and her house is really nice. Very . . . green, many things wood with the floors, tables, counters, and the walls were green, same goes for the furniture. Those two catch up, me mostly on my phone, talking to Jordan to see how Makayla's doing. She's doing fine, as I can expect from her. Hell, I couldn't have left her by herself. In a place like Elkhart, I don't think so. 

***

Colin and me wind up taking Rose with us back home. At first, Rose didn't want to go after we told her it was Elkhart where we're living. Me and her exchanged glances when Colin went about how he was surprised about how pretty it was, but she knew what Elkhart was full of. She didn't believe Colin for a minute.

When Alex get's back, she won't know her. Maybe she'll think I'm cheating. Well, at least found another girl. After all she's been through, I don't think that's what she would be thinking. She'd be more worried about what I'll do to her, I know that for a fact. I couldn't do that, not this soon. I'm still not even over Alex, so how can I get into a relationship? 

I let Rose and my friends and even Makayla decides to talk with them. She seems to like Rose, like she did Alex. I don't stick around for long until I say I'm feeling tired and head upstairs to my room. Everyone knows the code, and I'm sure they'll tell Rose. Then, I hear a ding at the door.

"Holy shit!" I hear Colin yell, I'm panicked and quick to move at first, then I hear a female voice, Carmel. I'm surprised she's here, but Colin and me did get a hotel in Indi, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I walk down the stairs, not exited to see her. I know she'll flirt, and when we get Alex back, I want her gone.