Chapter 5 The New Guy

Kayley's POV

"I can't forgive you," I said, my voice as cold as ice. "Well at least not yet," I mumbled the last part, hoping that he didn't hear me. I started to walk out of the room when a hand gripped onto my wrist and pulled. I went flying and landed with a thud on Connor's rock hard abs. My whole body suddenly felt as though it was on fire. I quickly pushed away, my face slightly flustered. "Kayley, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left but I needed to. It wasn't my choice, I'm sorry. I promise I will tell you why just... not now. I can't, not yet. I'm sorry," Connor told me. I scowled and pushed away from him. "Come back to me when you're ready to explain. Now get out," I ordered.

Shut up. I know I was harsh but he crushed when he left. I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine. He let go of my wrist and shoved past me. I heard a door open and slam then a engine roared to life, slowly fading as he got further away. I sighed and flopped onto my bed. The tears suddenly started leaking out of my eyes. My shoulders started shaking as I sobbed. To be completely honest I don't know exactly why I was crying. Whether it was my father or my family or Connor, I'm not quite sure but what I did know is that I had to get over it. After about five more minutes of me being useless I stopped sulking and got up. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed something to eat. I sat down at the table and ate the bland tasting food. Suddenly something tapped on my shoulder and I shot ten feet into the air.

I turned around and saw Fiona standing there, a sheepish smile on her lips. "Sorry," she mumbled. I smiled, "it's ok lil sis". She blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear. "Uh, I uh, sort wanted to talk to you about something," she told me. I started to panic as I heard the sadness in her voice. "What happened? Are you ok? Do I need to kill someone? Are you hurt?" I shot questions at her like a gun and she chuckled. "Just, come with me, please," she pleaded. "Ok," I nodded. She quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me to her room. She sat on her bed and motioned for me to do so as well. I sat down next to her and looked at her, worry coursing through me. Suddenly, without any warnings, she burst out crying.

My eyes widened for a second before I snapped out of my shock. I wrapped my arms around her and she leant onto me. My big sister instincts kicked in and I whispered soothing words into her ears. After a while she sobered up and I let her go. I looked straight into her bright blue eyes. She sighed. "Zac broke up with me," she chocked out. I gasped. "B.. but you were so..." I spluttered. She nodded, knowing what I was trying to say. "You were so perfect together," I finally finished, "why?" She shook her head, tears brimming her eyes. "He said that he never loved me and that he found someone else," she told me, letting the tears spill out of her eyes once again. "I'm gonna kill him when we get to school," I seethed. "No Kayley, please, don't," she told me almost pleading. "I don't want to attract attention, it will make the situation worse," she told me. "Promise me you won't," she whispered. I hesitate. "Promise me," she growled and I flinched.

I reluctantly nodded and she sighed. Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket and I jumped. I took it out and looked at the contact. "I have to take this, will you be ok?" I asked her and she nodded. I left the room and answered the phone. "Well, are you gonna apologise?" I asked into the phone. "Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off," Caleb replied. I smiled smugly. "Good, is that all you wanted? I kinda have more important stuff to do," I told him. "Is talking to your best friend not important?" He asked, faking being hurt. I scoffed. "I always talk to you. Now I really need to go," I said. "Ok, ok fine. See ya at school tomorrow," he told me, sounding cheerful. I hung up the phone and smiled. I was a little bit excited for school. I was in grade 12. I walked back to Fiona's room but saw a note on her door. I frowned and picked it up.

Kay

Gone to Dana's house. Be back later.

Fi fi xoxo