Chapter 6 Suspension

I looked up to see the principle hovering over Zack. I had to many emotions swelling through me to respond so I just stood there. By now the crowd had scattered and it was just me and a groaning Zack. "Answer me!" Mr Dreecon shouted. I just couldn't take it anymore. I pivoted around and ran out of the school.

I sprinted out of the front gates, tears rolling down my cheeks. What had I done? I just ruined my relationship with my sister, I don't have a best friend anymore and everyone is probably afraid of me. I was told never to fight anyone out of street fighting unless it's out of defence. I just broke one of the main rules of street fighting. I just fucked up everything, just by getting into a fight with one dude. Suddenly my anger piped up thinking about him and I ran faster. I was thinking about going to my special place but realised it would take too long to get there so I decided to go somewhere else.

I ran for at least 20 minutes before I finally got to where I wanted to be. I stopped at the edge of the cliff and looked out over the water. I sat down and my legs dangled over the side. I looked down and saw the spot where I first talked to Connor on the beach. I smiled sadly at the memory of Connor. I knew he had a reason for leaving but that didn't mean I forgave him. He just left without even saying goodbye. Without warning a tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away knowing that I needed something to distract me.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number. He answered in three rings. "Hey Kay, what's up?" He asked. "Jade, I wanna come in tonight. Do you think you could fit me in?" I asked, my voice full of pain. His voice instantly softened. "Yeah, sure, as long as you tell me what's up," he told me and I smiled at the genuine concern in his voice. "I will tell you when I get there," I told him being totally honest. "Ok, be here by six," he said and we worked out the details. "Ok, see you in a few hours, I said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "See you then," his voice was as soft as a kitten. It made my heart flutter at how nice he was being. Oh yeah, did I mention that I have a massive crush on Jade because I do. Massive.

"Ok, bye," I finished and hung up. I sighed in relief. I really needed to punch someone right now but I just had to wait till six. Oh well. I stopped thinking for a minute and just focused on the sound of the waves hitting the rocks below. Even though it was quiet I put all my attention onto it and it calmed me down. My phone suddenly chimed, snapping me out of my calm state. I picked up my phone and saw it was a text from Jade. I smiled and opened it up. 

 Your versing Badass Brad and yeah ikr what a stupid name. Anyways be here in 30.

He told me. My smiled as I read it and I replied:

*you're

I could just imagine him smiling and shaking his head when he read my text. I got up out of my spot and ran back to school. I hopped in my car and drove away. 10 minutes to get to the arena. I may have sped a little but I was running late. I got there in time ,thankfully. I jumped out of my car, put my mask on and walked to the door. "ID please," the guard demanded. "Damon, it's me. Kay," I told him and his eyes widened. "I didn't know you were fighting tonight," he replied. "Yeah last minute but I'm kinda running late and I really need to get in so if you could please just move," I told him and he quickly stepped out of the way. I ran through the door and sprinted down the stairs. I kept running when I got to the bottom. I ran past all the people and into my personal room. Jade was sitting down on one of the chairs in there. He leapt up when I barged through the door. I ran over to him and hugged him. He was surprised at first but he eventually wrapped his arms around me.

I let go and looked up at him. "Hurry, you're on next," he told me. I smiled and pecked his cheek. His eyes widened. "Thanks," I mumbled and hugged him one last time. I ran to the edge of the arena where no one can see me. "Whose ready for the next round!?" The announcer screamed. The crowd cheered in response. "On the right side we have Badass Brad!" He yelled and the crowd cheered mildly. I smirked. "And on the left side we have... Kay The C**t!" He paused for dramatic effect. The crowd screamed. I knew my name was quite inappropriate but fuck it. I slowly walked into the arena, flicking my hair. The boys whistled and the girls either glared at me or stared at me in awe. I looked over at Brad. He was really buff, it looked like he took steroids. He smirked at me and I growled. He was over confident and didn't know how to position his body right and yes I could tell all of this by looking at him. We stopped in front of each other. I beat my fists together intimidatingly. He huffed, not looking scared. "And GO!" the announcer cried. I was distracted so he got the first punch.

His fist smacked into my face. I stumbled backwards but regained myself as quick as lightning. He tried to hit me again but I ducked down. As I ducked I lashed out with my legs and kicked his knee. His leg cracked backwards and he hissed in pain. I went to kick him again but he caught my leg and tried to throw it to the ground. I used that to my advantage by using his push to jump up and spin around. Once I faced him again I lashed out and kicked him in the gut. His breath was knocked out of him. I put my leg on the ground and punched him in the face. His head rocked backwards. I took a step forward and kneed him in the crotch. He squeaked and doubled over in pain. I lifted my knee again and it cracked into his jaw. He fell to the ground and I kicked him. I stopped and stood over him. I suddenly felt someone lift up my hand. I realised it was the announcer and I smirked. 

The whole crowd cheered. I sent a few of the guys (and jealous girls) winks and they (the guys) grinned. The announcer let go of my hand and I walked out of the arena and into my room. I saw Jade waiting for me in my room. All the memories came flooding back and I flung myself into his arms. He wrapped his arms tightly around me. I let the tears flow freely. Sobs racked through my body and made my shoulders shake. I was so pathetic, running to a guy for help. "I'm sorry. I'm so pathetic," I told him, voicing my thoughts. He suddenly let go of me and grabbed a hold of my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes and I saw the sadness flashing through them. "You are the strongest girl I know, ok, you are in no way pathetic. You survived so much in your life. You went through so much shit and look at you know. You are a strong and independent woman," he told me and I smiled, "well not really a woman," he added. I scoffed and lightly punched his arm. He engulfed me once more and I melted into him, the tears still flowing. 

"Ok, now tell me what happened," he told me after a few minutes of hugging. I gulped. Ok it was time to explain everything to him, even everything about Connor. I really liked and trusted Jade, I think it was time I told him. I took a deep breath and launched into my story.

So sorry for the wait but I just didn't know what to write and I had so much school and I'm just really sorry. I liked this chapter, it's so much fun to write the fighting scenes. By the way, if you haven't noticed already, this isn't one of those nerd and bad boy stories. In all those books the female character is weak and depends on others for things so I wrote this book with a strong, independent female character because not every girl is weak, lots of us are strong. Don't ever underestimate girls even if we are weak at times we will always be strong on the inside even if sometimes we just break we will always pick ourselves up and keep going. Anyways I'm still deciding if Jade is going to like Kayley back. They would be so cute together, I might do that. Ok so thanks for reading I appreciate it so much. Please tell your friends about this, comment and vote. Thanks so so so much for waiting I love you all.

Btw 1603 words (including my little speech thingy and this thingy)