Part 1

Constance Chase was the CEO of Holby Care, a private hospital that up until a year ago had once been part of Holby City hospital it's self. She wasn't usually one for chasing men, in fact they were usually head over heals for her.
This was because she had never met a man who matched her on every level, who just like she did, liked to play hard to get. That was until Jacob Masters walked into her office one afternoon.

"Ms Chase your next appointment has arrived, a Mr Masters" her assistance said as she opened the door.
"Thank you Clarice, send him in" she responded without looking up from her computer.
The man walked in then sat down in the chair in front of her desk where she was typing away with her perfectly manicured nails.
She didn't look up until she finally heard his voice, and then everything changed.
It drove her wild, she had no idea a man's voice could affect her so much but for some reason this voice in particular did.
"Good morning Ms Chase" he said as he lent back in the chair.

She looked up at instantly, taking in his appearance.
He wore a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. He was clearly very toned, tall, dark, handsome.
"Good morning Mr Masters, how can I help you?" she asked.
"I'm here to apply for the senior staff nurse position" he told her.
She raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow at him, "very well. Tell me, why do you think you'd be suited for the position?" she asked.
"Well I'm confident, attentive, something nice for the patients to look at although I'm sure you already know that. I'm a band six, worked burns, paediatrics, overseas, ED, spinal and addiction. Here's my CV" he replied then he handed her a folder.

She took the file and studied it a for a few minutes before looking back up at him, "well I have to say Mr Masters this is very impressive. Is there a particular reason you've chosen this hospital?" he asked.
"Maybe I fancied a change, now I have a question for you" he replied.
"Go on" she said.
"No ring, how has a pretty lady like you not been swept off her feet?" he asked her.
"You're playing a dangerous game Mr Masters. Chase is my maiden name, I was married at one point but he killed someone. If I were you I'd be very careful, for all you know I might of helped him" she replied flirtatiously.
He eyed her suspiciously, "go for the bad boys do we?" he asked.
"You don't know the half of it" she told him before leaning back in her chair and lifting her feet up onto the glass desk giving him a perfect view of her long tanned legs and black stiletto louboutins.
His eyes wandered up her legs as he admired her body in the black figure hugging dress that emphasised her curves and showed what he thought was just the right amount of cleavage but of course he wanted to see more.
He wanted to ravish her, kiss every inch of her perfect body, claim her, make her scream.

"So Mr Masters, what about you? Do you have anyone special at home?" she asked, snapping him out of his trance.
"Never found the right lady" he said as he shook his head although he knew that was about to change.
"Of course you haven't" she responded.
"If your maiden name is Chase then what's your married name?" He asked.
"Why do you need to know?" She replied.
"Oh I'm just trying to find out if you really did help him with the murder" he said with a smirk causing her to raise an eyebrow as if she was confused.
"You use your maiden name which leaves two options, either you really hate him or there's something wrong with the name. If you really helped him kill someone you must of loved him, no reason to not take his name then. Of course if you didn't and you really do hate him then that would explain things, so come on. What's your name?" he asked.

"It's none of your concern Mr Masters, now I have patients to see so if you wouldn't mind, this interview is over" she said as she stood up from her desk.
"Certainly" he said with a nod as he stood up too.
She extended her hand which he took and gently shook it, "I want you here at seven o'clock tomorrow morning, welcome aboard Mr Masters" she said.
"Well in that case it's Jacob, thank you" he said before turning to leave, walking towards the door and opening it.
"Jacob" she said which caused him to turn back around.
"Connie Beauchamp" she said.
"Huh?" he asked.
"My name, Connie Beauchamp" she told him.
He smirked then walked out, closing the door behind him.
Connie collapsed backwards into her chair with a smile on her face, this was going to be interesting.