Part 20

Connie sat in her office opposite Michael, "what are you doing here? What happened to being a silent partner?" she asked with a sigh.
"Oh trust me I think you'd prefer this option. I want you to buy me out" he said.
"Buy you out? Why?" Connie asked.
"Had enough, rather just have the money from the sale" Michael replied.
"Ok, I'll work out how much your share is worth" Connie said as she began typing on her computer.
"Good. So you and that nurse, he didn't look very happy about what you said" Michael said.
"Yes he's not very happy about it at all" Connie told him.
"So why'd you say it?" He asked.

Connie sighed, "because that nurse out there with him is a gossip. She's quite aware that we are sleeping together but that's all she's aware of, she doesn't know that it's serious and that's how I wanted it to stay but if I'd of said it was a fling then I was worried about how you'd trusting me running the business when I'm sleeping with my staff. Like I said, I was very happy with you being a silent partner but selling up is even better" she explained.
"So it's so serious that you may have just messed it up big time?" Michael said.
"Yes, I may of ruined everything" Connie said, the worry clear in her voice.
"Oh come on there'll be other, plus your idea of serious is getting to a second date. You usually kick them out of bed within minutes or atleast that's how I remember it" he smirked.
"No Michael! My idea of serious is being in love with him and being pregnant with his child, now do you understand?!" Connie shouted.

Michael went silent and looked at her in shock, "you're having another baby? With a nurse?" he asked.
"Yes! Now do you want to me to buy you out or not?" She asked.
"Of course" he replied.
"Fine, draw up a contract, I'll sign it and you'll have £600,000 pound in your account within 24 hours of it being signed" Connie told him.
"Ah no need" Michael said as he pulled some paper out of his brief case and handed it to Connie.
"Very efficient" she said as she picked up a pen and began to read over it.
A few minutes later she wrote her signature then hand printed her name before handing the paper back to Michael for him to do the same.

Connie left her office half an hour later after transferring the money to Michael's account then showing him out.
She walked straight to the cardiothorasic ward to find Jacob.
"Staff Nurse Masters, a word in my office please" she said.
"Have two, I'm busy" he said without looking up from the paper work he was doing.
"Jacob! Now!" Connie shouted causing many people to stop and stare.
He threw his pen down in anger and followed her off the ward, neither of them saying a word until they got to her office.

"Is there a reason you called me in here? After all I'm just a nurse" Jacob spat.
"Jacob I'm sorry, it came out all wrong. I didn't want my business partner thinking it was just another fling, but then I didn't want to tell him it wasn't because of nurse costoya being stood there because she's a gossip, everyone would of known how serious we are and I just don't want them to know yet" Connie explained.
"Why don't you want your business partner to know? Something you aren't telling me?" he asked.
"No! I've just had a lot of flings in the past and he's warned me about how unprofessional it is and has talked about coming in as a more active partner if it didn't stop" she told him.
"So you've now told him that we are serious?" Jacob said.
"Yes, not that it matters anymore what he thinks of it" Connie said.

"What?!" Jacob asked.
"Oh no! No I didn't mean that like we were over, I mean her not my business partner anymore. I've bought him out, this whole thing is mine" she told him.
"So what you said, you swear you didn't meant it?" he said.
Connie touched his arm gently, "I could never mean that, I promise you" she said.
Jacob pulled her into a hug, "I love you" he said.
"I love you too" she replied then kissed him gently.
Jacob held her tightly and lifted her up off the ground without breaking the kiss.
She wrapped her arms around his neck and pushed her tongue into his mouth never wanting to let go as he carried her over to the couch.