Part 16

Sam knocked on the door an hour or so later with Grace.
Connie and Jacob went down stairs and to the door.
Grace ran in past Connie and Jacob without saying goodbye to Sam.
Sam looked them up and down and Connie began to feel uncomfortable since she was only wearing her underwear with a thin robe over the top whilst Jacob wore tracksuit bottoms with his chest bare.
"Can I have a word? It's about Grace" Sam said.
"Err yes, come in" Connie said then she followed Jacob down the hall with Sam behind ber.

Jacob sat down on the couch then Connie perched on his knee whilst his arms were around her waist then Sam sat down on the couch opposite.
"Is she ok?" Connie asked.
"I'm going back to New York, for good" Sam said.
"You're not taking her!" Connie said defensively.
"I know, I wasn't planning on it. I think she expected me to stick around, still see me whilst living with you but that's not going to happen. She can't come and visit me, it's not right for my family" Sam told her.
"What? Grace is your family, you can't do this to her!" Connie said.
"I'm getting back together with my ex-girlfriend, we really want to make it work this time and that's going to be much easier without children around" he said.

"Get out" Connie spat.
"Connie I didn't mean to hurt her" Sam said.
"She told you to get out, so go" Jacob said.
Sam nodded then left the room as Jacob hugged Connie, "do you want me to go and talk to her?" he asked.
"Would you mind?" Connie said.
"Of course not, honestly I thought it might do her some good knowing that she still has someone here that will love her like a daughter, I know I'm not Sam but I'll try my best" he said.
Connie smiled, "thank you, I love you Jay"
"I love you too baby, now get off my knee before I have to push you off" he said with a smirk.

Jacob went upstairs then knocked on Grace's bedroom door.
"Come in" she said with a sniffle.
"Hey princess, you doing ok?" he asked.
Grace nodded and looked back down.
Jacob moved closer to her and sat down on the edge of the bed, "you sure about that?" he asked.
"You're not going to leave us are you Jacob? You can't leave, not after daddy left" she said.
"Course I'm not going to, I love your mummy, and you like you were my own then in eight months time we will have a little baby in the family to love just as much. Your daddy really does love you Grace, don't you think it's better knowing now that you won't be able to visit him instead of asking him only to be let down?" Jacob said.
"I guess so, thank you Jacob" Grace said.

Jacob smiled, "do I get a hug?" he asked.
Grace nodded then hugged him before wiping away her tears, "can I watch a film with you and mummy?" she asked.
"Sounds good to me sweetheart, let's go and see if we have popcorn" Jacob said.
Grace smiled then jumped off the bed and Jacob followed her downstairs.
"Mummy have we got any popcorn?" Grace asked as she ran into the living room.
"Yes we have darling in the cupboard, why?" Connie said.
"Jacob said we can watch a film" she said before skipping off into the kitchen.

Connie came closer to Jacob and wrapped her arms around him, "thank you, you seem to of cheered her up" she said.
"All part of the service sweetcheeks" Jacob said as he kissed the top of her head.
They sat down on the couch, Jacob in the corner then Connie lying against his chest.
Grace came back in with a bag of popcorn then sat next to Connie who wrapped her arm around her as she picked up the remote and switched Netflix on.
"Can we watch mean girls?" Grace asked.
Connie looked at Jacob smiling and he nodded, "course we can princess, what ever you want" he said.

Grace spent most of the movie giggling away whilst Connie was lying in Jacob's arms as he traced patterns on her still flat stomach.
"I love you" Connie whispered as she lent up to face Jacob.
"I love you too sweetcheeks" Jacob replied before gently kissing her lips.
"Mummy! Dad! That's gross I'm trying to watch the film" Grace said with a giggle but her face changed when she realised what she had said.
"I'm so sorry Jacob" she stuttered worriedly.
"You don't have to apologise princess, I'd be honoured if you wanted to call me dad, aslong as that's ok with your mum" Jacob said.
Grace looked up at Connie, "is it?" she asked her.
"Of course it is darling" Connie said as she hugged Grace.
"thank you mummy, thank you dad" she said.