Artificial

💮Run.💮

💮Go, their coming💮

My wolf Zola begged-no ordered me to push ahead as if she was threatening me to run or she would force herself to surface.

I scoffed and stood upright, feeling my blood pump viciously feeding my strained muscles and heart.

"Shit-I hear them, they probably smell my blood." I spat and began to dart for the smell of fresh water. Maybe if I jumped in the scent of iron would wash off in the cold water and lure them downstream.

I hoped it did.

The chilled air got colder and crisper as if my strained luck wasn't any better. I could hear the howls inching closer toward me. With the padded crunching of their paws, they trampled the earth beneath them.

"Run Dammit!" My voice is harsher and more rigid than it's ever been. My ears picked up the beautiful ripples of the water. A quick turn to the left and it would be there in front of me. My heel scooped a heaping cup of the earth's soil, but I was too late. Instead of fresh blue water, stale hardened dirt and old autumn leaves pressed roughly against my face burning it, to the extent that I had to wince at the pain.

"I got the runaway, yes sir. Number 999, pretty redhead. Her tags on her neck like you stated sir." A heavy male, with blonde hair, pinned me to the rough dirt and chiseled his hardened barefoot into my neck. No shame for his nakedness or rough handles when he yanked on my collar exposing my ugly scar of a number.

"Get up before you piss me off." He ordered but I stayed, I'd rather lie still and decompose along with Mother Nature than be alive and tortured by their silly games for fun.

"Up, I said, dogs like you are supposed to obey upper authority." He snatched my collar and threw me on my feet, I would've fallen back but he had my shirt balled in his tight pale fist.

My nose scrunched as it filled with the stench of death and cologne.

"I could say the same for you lap dog." He caught onto my facial expression and tied my hands behind my back. Along with my feet and used a muzzle to prevent me from spitting on him, which for his luck he did.

Not even five minutes after he tied me up three more males came with a wagon, a red wagon, and threw me in. I didn't protest, I didn't fight, I just let them throw me in. My heart ached, I held in a cry as tears streamed down my face.

No one wanted a beast, no one wanted a mutt, like us. We were always subsequently deprived of nutrients and left to die over time. Especially when my kind was supposed to be extinct, or held captive. They say it's for protection but everyone knows it's utter bullshit.

I wasn't a lap dog.

I was a beast.

I was meant to be a wild animal.

And I loved it.

I fucking thrived in it.

"Ayo-she fucking stinks." One male mustered and chortled at his ignorant comment proudly puffing out his chest as his buddies laughed and encouraged his ignorance as they pulled me along.