Chapter Five

Deidre

Deidre smoothed out the dress, the wrinkles evaporating at the touch of her hand.

The dress was a dark green, with long sleeves and a skirt that flowed around her ankles. The waist had a bit of black lace and the hems were decorated with ruffles.

She had hated wearing it to Homecoming, it was a bit old fashioned, but she was glad she had kept it.

The small amount of makeup she had put on did make her seem older. She'd just applied a touch of blush, a lighter colored lipstick, and black mascara to actually show her eyelashes.

Her hair was in a simple braid which rested on her shoulder and snaked down to her chest.

When she had walked out she caught Simon eating a cookie.

"My gosh. Why are you always hungry?" She rolled her eyes.

"I am a growing boy." Simon said while a couple crumbs flew from his mouth.

"Yeah when you were like twelve. C'mon you've got to get a suit." Deidre grabbed her phone and walked to the door, Simon hurrying after her while munching his cookie.

"I'll drive." He offered as an apology.

"Sounds good." Deidre bent down to sit in the passenger seat.

It didn't feel much like they were going to go break into the Society. It felt more like going to an actual dance.

Simon drove over to his house quickly and ran in, three minutes back out in a black suit and slightly combed hair. Deidre knew by the time they actually got there, his hair would look like normal: as if he'd been attacked by a gang of raccoons.

"Wait." Deidre said as Simon began backing out of the driveway.

"What?" Simon didn't look at her and continued to drive.

"Won't they recognize you?"

"Doubt it." Simon shrugged nonchalantly.

Yep. They were in trouble. So much trouble.