Part 4

April 26 1:00 pmp\

I just arrived at the new place I was suppose to call home. It didn't look much like home. They sent Evan up first because they had to check my leg and make sure I had no infection. The guy who was suppose to be taking care of me and my brother arrived too early to pick up my brother. I never saw him leave but they said he left. He must have been sleeping because there's no way he would have left with strangers without me there. The guy then came to pick me up. When he saw me his face light up into a smile and he said, "is this the new edition to my family?!" the way he said it you could tell he was too much of a positive. I hated it. But he never once gave me any pity or sympathy about my parents. Im sure he most have found out about my parents. When I never replied he took that as a sign that I didn't want to talk. I just stared at him. I know he was trying hard to be nice. I don't blame him. After all he has to take care of so many kids so the least I could do was not be complicated. I put on this funny smile and laughed.

"im Kaitlyn Millers. And I sure am your new edition." He laughed. He laughed this soft genuine laugh. It sounded a lot like mom's. the minute I thought about her I felt a pang of hurtness strike my heart. Before he could turn around to get my crutches and blurted out "did you get my brother Evan Millers safe and sound to the house?" I didn't know why. I felt like I could trust him but I still doubted him.

he never wasted time replying. It was like he knew I was very concerned. "yes actually the fellow was sleeping soundlessly. My wife was dying t house cute he was." he laughed before he said "I feel like you will it in with the others perfectly." I nodded my head in gratitude and watched him as he grabbed my crutches. He gave them to me and I moved my body slightly and got on. I finally ate some food so I had energy to burn. He watched me to make sure I was good. When I nodded my head we started moving. He lead me to the front desk and I didn't care about the nurses or anyone in here apart from that strange man. So I just pushed y self outside and waited there. When the man came out he was chuckling. I didn't care to know what was so funny. He helped me into the car and went to his seat. I freaked out a little. Last time I was in a car I lost everything that means everything to me. I guess that man most have noticed because he promised to drive slow. I nodded my head and closed my eyes the whole way. When the car pulled into the garage Mr. Guy touches my lightly. I opened my eyes and smiled slightly. He returned my smile. He got out of the car and helped me out of the car. I felt nervous as he opened the door into the house. I slowly stepped in. the light hit my eyes and it stung. It was so bright it took a while for my eyes to adjust. He lead me into the house and it looked like a regular house. At least that's what you would from outside but inside it looked so much different. So much more different than you would think. I moved slowly. As we approached the living room I saw bodies. Lots of bodies. I got really stiff and felt dizzy. I got nervous meeting new people. Epically in one day. I felt my crutches slip from under my arms and fall before I fell onto some arms. Everything was black.

4:00 pm

I woke up to little murmuring and I picked up only a few words. One person said, "from the brother to sister, is falling asleep when your suppose to meet new people in their genetics?"

Another person replied back, "shut up Liam you would be nervous too if you had to move into a foster home and meet strange kids who are in the same house for different reasons."

I heard a girl laugh and say," you would defend a rat like her Adriana."

The more I heard these people talking about me as if I wasn't in the room the more and more I got madder. I opened my eyes fast and didn't notice that some one else's head was close to mine but I got up fast and slammed my head into the other person's. It hurt so much. I didn't think the impact would have been that hard but it was. "what the hell can you watch where you throw your head." the person yelled at me.