Chapter 5

Chase's POV-

I felt sick.
I don't know why, but I did. 

My plan was to act how they expected me to act - to be the "old Chase", as they put it. But not really. No, it would all be a cruel trick to get their hopes up, only for them to realise and have all their hopes and dreams crumble in a single touch. In that way, I'd be the superior, as well as carry out a little revenge at the same time - give them a small taste of what it was like for me with the FBI. In a way I would be killing two birds with one stone. 

But that plan obviously wouldn't work anymore. 

They've got too much faith, especially Bree. They'll never accept that I'm not the same person they think I am. 

I've escaped the clutches of the FBI, only to be thrown into another cell by the people who call me family. 

They all say I'm free, but I know I'm not. 
I'll never be when I'm with them.

The only way to truly be free is to kill them - kill them all. Destroy the FBI, gut my family. 
That was the only way. 

***

Bree grinned as her step-brothers face popped up on the computer screen. 

"Hey Leo" she said. 

"You seem in a good mood" he replied with the half-American-half-British accent he now possessed. 

"Well, we got Chase back".

Leo's eyes widened. "Seriously!?"

"Well, kinda." She paused for a moment. 

"'Kinda' what?" He prompted. 

"Chase... he's... he's different". 

"Isn't that something you'd expect to happen? I mean, it has been three years and we have no idea what the FBI did to him. I doubt someone could stay completely sane in the hands of those government bastards". 

"Woah watch your language, Leo!" Bree laughed before leaning in and whispering "They could be listening". 

He shrugged. "Probably are. Skype isn't exactly a very secure call system". 

"Fair enough" Bree replied, leaning back in her chair. "But it doesn't matter. I saw the real Chase yesterday, I talked to him. Hell, I even bought him a burger". 

"That'd convince me to be on the good side". 

"A burger from Little Dom's would convince anyone". 

"I wish they had Little Dom's in the UK" Leo moaned, licking his lips. 

The two remained silent for a moment. 

Leo yawned. "Right well, I'm gonna go now. It's practically midnight at the moment". 

"Shit, I completely forgot about the different time zones for a moment. Sorry, it's only three PM for me". 

"No problem," Leo shrugged. "Just remember I'll be doing the same thing to you someday, so this moment is what started it". 

"Night Leo" she laughed as she quickly ended the call. 

Bree stood up and slowly turned around to exit the study. She jumped when she noticed a figure standing at the door, but laughed when she realised who it was. 

"Adam you scared the crap out of me" she laughed, placing a hand over her thumping heart. 

He shrugged. "My speciality". He paused for a moment before adding, "I'm going down to see Chase. Do you, um, wanna join me? Or..."