Chapter 7

Chase's POV - 

I jerked awake with an instant knowledge that something was wrong. My eyes flew open, heart racing, panicking as I soon realised that my leg was shackled to a long chain dangling from the ceiling of an unfamiliar, windowless room. 

I was scared, sitting there in the dark with nowhere to go. I tried turning my head but was instantly hit with a wave of pain. My instinct was to quickly grasp the pained area with my hand, try to make it die down slightly, but had no idea where the source of the pain was. It was coming from everywhere, pain flooding in from every direction. My neck, my arm, my shoulder, my leg, my head; they all throbbed in time with the large sound of my thumping heart. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I could barely hear over the sound of my blood pumping. I tried to scream out for help, the word forming in my mind but not passing my lips. 

Great. 

I tried to sigh but it came out as a gurgle, resulting in my coarse throat to burn and my head to hurt even more.
I ran my dry tongue over my cracked lips in an attempt to put more moisture in them; yet another fail. 

Several hours passed and still no one came. I was still scared and had no idea where I was, but the fear and pain I felt was making me tired. Despite everything, I still managed to fall into an uneasy doze, waking in fits every so often before exhaustion dragged me back into an uneasy slumber.

I stood there, in an alley, facing a bloodied figure lying against the ground. Only, it wasn't me. The Chase I was being shown had extremely long, messy hair that looked as if it hadn't been cut in years. His face was scattered with splatters of blood and scars. His eyes darkened, pooling with a dark black erupting from the pupil and slowly filling the whole eye. He was practically a demon, a satanic grin on his face confirming my original suspicion. The demon looked down at the figure sprawled out across the floor of the ally - a woman. She looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on where I had seen her before. The satanic man looked down at his blood soaked hands, his fingers glowing bright red with heat from electricity.  He looked from them to the girl, grinning at the second degree burns surrounding a hole where her heart should be and her face. He turned towards a bloodied slight; the girls heart ripped out of her chest and situated next to her. Chase bent down and picked up the heart, bringing it up to below his nose. He casually sniffed it, letting the metallic smell send excited shivers down his spine. He grinned as she shoved the organ in to his mouth, ripping chunks off and savouring the flavour that so many others despise. He kept eating, watching the blood drip off the heart and smear across his mouth as his fingers dug deep into the meat, all the while staring the dead women in the eye, thinking nothing off it. Pure evil. 

I quickly woke, drenched in sweat, screaming at the top of my lungs, my throat becoming even more sore than before. The images I saw made me want to puke; the nightmare becoming too much for me to handle. I bent over, ignoring the pain erupting from my whole body, and waited for the retched smell of bile to enter the room. 
It never came, probably due to that fact that I hadn't eaten in presumably days. I had no idea how long I'd been in that dark room, and no clue how long it'd been since I had food. Although, after seeing the nightmare that still haunted me, there was no way I'd be able to eat anything again. 

Terror still swallowed me whole, knowing that probably no one was coming for me; if they were then they would've heard my waking screams. It would probably be years before someone ever found my body and wondered why my shrivelled corpse was locked down there. I shivered as I tried to wave away that thought, but soon became anxious. Whoever had abducted me had to come back and finish what they started, otherwise they would receive no satisfaction from it. However, they could be content with leaving me here, watching me die in the least dignified way possible; sooner or later I'd probably end up drowning in my own piss. 

Somewhere the faint locks on a far away door clicked open one by one, but I hardly noticed until the door was open, a soft wash of light and fresher air ghosting over me. Gentle hands pulled me upright, crooning my name as they unlocked the shackles around my legs. I couldn't recognise their voices or faces, but, at the back of my mind, I swore they sounded familiar. 
I groaned dryly as the blood rushed back into my limbs, causing me to collapse to the ground as I tried to step forward. I briefly passed out, but when I regained consciousness I was being dragged out of the room I'd condemned myself to dying in.
I winced as I was hauled towards a rectangle of bright, white light, contrasting with the blackness of the room I had spent God knows how long in. I heard my name be called, and I tried to look up at the exclaimer, my eyes refusing to adjust to the light. All I could tell was that the voice was feminine, and was intimate, closely resembling someone I once knew.  

"Chase,"  she repeated, her expression growing in urgency every time I got closer to the light. 

"Chase? Chase!"

She continued calling until it was the only thing I could hear, her shrill voice in my head screaming my name; it just wouldn't stop. 

I grimaced in pain; pain from the light and voice in my head. Both were growing stronger, more and more unbearable until I could feel blood staring to trickle down from my eyes and ears. 

Is this what death is like? I asked myself, wanting it to all be over soon. 

The hands continued carrying me until I was right in front of the light before they stopped, dropping me. I fell to my knees in pain and, not knowing what else to do, began crawling towards the light. I ignored the pain, ignored the voice, focused myself on the light ahead. I continued until I was completely enveloped in white and stopped. The voice was slowly dying, as was the light. 
So was I. 
My head was spinning and I couldn't take it anymore. Finally, I collapsed into a void of unconsciousness, leaving behind the cell of darkness, the hands, the voice and the light, until I eventually woke up again in the world of reality. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Heyo! Hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter (sorry if it was a bit gruesome, but I promise you that part was important. It will eventually come up again in a future chapter).  Also sorry if this chapter seemed a bit random and came out of nowhere, but I promise it does relate and it'll make more sense when you read the next chapter.

Anyway, please let me know what you thought! 

Thanks so much for reading :)