Chapter 8: Sleepover at Erik's

A boring school day goes by and I go over to Erik's house. We thought of the perfect idea. I stayed over the weekend! My parents think of him as my tutor only thankfully so they actually let me! I already have my stuff over here and I ask where I sleep. "Right in the room right next to me mon amour. So if anything happens I'm right next to you. Almost." Erik says. " I don't feel like tutoring today Erik. I wanna show you how bad my voice is!" I say sarcasticaly. "Now, let us sing! I'd never think you'd want to!" "Erik, I can't sing!" "Yes, you can, I guarantee you'll be better than Carlotta!" "Isn't everyone?" Nonetheless Erik makes me sing "The Phantom of the Opera" with him and then I tell him let's go get your ears checked.

      "Megan, you're not quite a leading soprano but guess what you have that others don't? A passion and the ability to play instruments." "Erik, that was just a nice way to call me a terrible singer wasn't it?" "Okay Megan we should really get something to eat and then get some sleep." He says. "Okay!" I say. We eat and I take a quick shower in his bathroom, honestly scared to death he would walk in. But he didn't thank god. So I walk into my temporary room and try to go to sleep and by that I mean just stare around the room. Like I wanted Erik knocked on the door and I told him to come in. He walks over and wishes me sweet dreams and kisses me on the forehead of  course. I give him a playful glare and he walks out. So now I actually go to sleep.

     I'm in Erik's house lounging around and then I decide to walk outside. It's strangly broad daylight so I decide to explore the outside of his house. I'm looking at the trees, flowers, the grass the came up to my ankles and just just thinking in general. Then I look up at the woods behind his house. There's a man. Who's that, I wonder. I begin to walk closer and he does too. He's strangly tall and seems to have no face. There's a head, but no face. Wait, is that. No. No human has that many arms! It starts running towards me and I attempt to run. Of course since no one else is close I start screaming for Erik. "Erik! Erik! Help!!" Then it grabs me. I look at it's nonexsiting face. Oh god I'm scared! It's The slenderman! He's not real though! He was fake! Oh god why does this have to happen to me?! He shoves his dagger for a hand in my side and I scream in agony, trying to scream for Erik. He drops me on the ground and the last thing I remember is wincing out Erik's name a few last times.

     I wake up screaming, still feeling the pain of the dagger in my mind. Screaming for Erik best I can. It hurts! Then Erik comes running in. "Megan are you okay?! What happened?" I told him about the nightmare and how he wouldn't come out to help me. How I still felt that dagger in my side. "Shhh.. honey. It was just a dream. That's all. I swear he's not real and if anyone ever tries to hurt you I'll be right there with my trusty old punjab lasso." He says with a slight smirk at the thought of his weapon. Still crying I try to laugh slightly but I just can't. "Megan, if it's comfortable with you we can both sleep in my room together. Same bed or no.It's up to you." "I want arms around me for comfort please." I say under the miffles of that scarring nightmare. Erik guides me into his room and I lay down with him. His arms wound tightly around me and his chin on my head. I have my head resting on his chest. "Thank you Erik. Good night." I say finally stopping crying. "You too." We both sleep.

     I wake up still wrapped in his arms. I slowly stir a little, trying to pry myself off of him. I accidently wake him up. "Sorry." I whisper. I try to hop over him to get off since I was right by the wall. Noticing I was tripping Erik grabs me by my waist and sits me back down on the bed. "Hey Erik, your mask's a little crooked and your wig needs to be combed." I say playfully. "Your no beauty queen yourself right now darling." "Oh I never am!" We go get dressed and ready in seperate rooms and go down and eat breakfast. Afterwards we go to my special little room as we call it and work on the song. "Megan?" "Yes Erik?" "You know you weren't really that bad of a singer." "Erik stop lying. I'll stick with my trumpet and my progression on the piano." "Let's go play your trumpet then." "OOOH YAY! It feels like I haven't played in forever!" He hands me one of my favorite songs. "Point of No Return." We decide he can sing his parts while I play Christine's old ones.

     When we finish he does what I never would've expected. He kisses me. Happily, I return the favor. I sit down my trumpet and wrap my arms around his neck. His on my waist. We stand there for a long while thinking of nothing but the two of us. Our lips connected. We were one and I never wanted to be two again. When we finally relinquish. We look into each other's eyes, smiling uncontrollably. "Deandre's gonna kill me." I laugh. "I told you the longer we waited the better that was gonna be." "Erik it would've been like that anyways." I say. "Erik, I'm really comfortable around you believe it or not." "Really? I had no idea!" He says sarcastically. "Megan, we should go somewhere tonight. Like a first date kind of thing." "Erik, don't you think that's a little wierd." "Oh darling, I'm your uncle in public! There you go, no we're normal." "But, the mask." "I was at your competition with it, I believe we'll be fine. People never put two and two together." "Okay then Uncle Erik, where are we going?" You'll find out later."