Unexpected guest

• Dedicated to Kaymesha Vital

I'm swimming all alone in a pool of darkness and I feel like darkness is slowly pulling me under.

I yell for help but no one is there to hear it. I begin to see the water at eye level and I kick and flail, fighting to stay above the darkness. But the darkness won't let go of its hold on me and I slowly begin to give in to the feeling that lies below the water line.

The waters starts to fill my lungs, the lungs that once held so much life, yet now they allow the murky water to replace that.

I know that this path doesn't lead to happiness, but why doesn't someone grab my hand pull me from darkness's grasp? Because no one knows I stand at the boundary, the boundary between light and dark, so I give in to the thing that holds me.

All of the strength and all of the courage that I once held in my heart can't save me from the water.

So I slowly slip below the world of conscientiousness undetected by the occupants of that world.

I don't want to fight anymore.

I've given into darkness.

That dream, it came back again. I've had the same dream before while I was on the run. The same dream of me dying. That thought made me feel scared and vulnerable. Maybe I should tell Damien, and he would be able to tell me what it means. After all, he seems to know everything.

Or maybe I should just forget about it.

" What's wrong?" I turned around and Damien was leaning against the bathroom door with his arms crossed against his shirtless chest, with a towel around his waist. His muscles flexed and I feel like I could eat him for breakfast. I'm guessing he just took a shower.

" What do you mean?" He walked over the bed and sat on the edge.

" You seem to be worried. Tell me what bothers you Anna". I wonder if I should tell him about my dream. I've never told anybody before, not that I had anybody to tell it to. The thing is, I'm worried about my dream coming true. I just have this feeling like something bad is about to happen. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I can't help it. I decided to not tell him right now and see if the dream will come back.

" I'm just a little tired that's all". He stared at me unconvinced, but he shrugged it off anyway.

" We leave in two hours, I'll help you pack if you want". He offered.

" No that's okay, I don't really have much anyway". I don't think I can handle him being so close to me again.

After packing the little clothes I had and taking a nice bath, I made my way downstairs to get something to eat.

" Good morning dear." Lidia, the house maid greeted me politely.

" Good Morning Lidia, something smells really good in here". I paused to enjoy the delicious smell of pancakes and bacon.

" Thank you dear. Have a seat if you want, breakfast is almost ready." My stomach was furiously growling. Ugh I can't wait to dig in.

" Are you ready Anna?" Damien asked as I put my bag in the trunk of the car.

" I guess, I'm not really used to this place but I'm actually going to miss it".

" Don't worry we'll come back to visit one day". He reassured. " This is going to be a long ride so bare with me angel".

The ride was rather longer than it was supposed to be. It was kind of awkward and uncomfortable. We spoke every now and then but that was it.

Anyway, we finally pull up to his house. Surprisingly, it was not as big as the family house. Although it was still in the middle of nowhere, I have no idea where we are.