Kaoru Hitachiin[Monster]

Nobody-and you do mean nobody-besides you knew that Kaoru Hitachiin was an anime nerd. He loved anime and Vocaloid and was the biggest doujinshi artist in the prefecture. He loved everything from yaoi to yuri, and his knowledge surpassed yours.

However, one night, you found an anime that he had never seen before.

"What's Yandere mean?"

You looked at him, "Eh? You don't know?"

He shook his head, his eyes wide with curiosity. You snickered to yourself, "I kinda find that hard to believe...."

"Well? What does it mean?"

"You really don't know?"

"That's what I just said," he said, confused.

"Think of it like.... A yandere is a person who would do anything for their loved one. They'd kill for them, lock them up, or kill them to keep their loved one from being with anyone else. There all sorts of sick fanfictions online where the reader is the subject of a Yandere's love."

"Do you read those?"

"Hell yes," you smiled. "Oh! We should watch Mirai Nikki since we're on the subject of yandere!"

"Mirai Nikki?"

"Yeah~! Come on~"

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

'Is that what I am? Yandere?' I thought stroking __________'s hair.

'I did....cut out those guy's tongues.... But that was different! They was being so rude to her! All those disgusting things they said.... Making her blush cutely like that.... I should be making her blush like that.... Not anyone else....'

I looked out the window, 'I don't think I am yandere....Could I really do all those things Yuno did for Yukkii?'

"Yes...." came the reply.

I stared at __________'s face. So sweet....

'Is.....___________ making me....a monster?' I thought. My heartbeat quickened. My breathing became heavy. 'She's....She's....seducing me....She's making me....a slave....'

No. No. No. ___________ would never do something like that.... But....would she? Is she just using me to kill everyone for her? But I haven't killed anyone. I've only hurt them....'

I kissed her sleeping cheek and whispered, "Don't ever make me kill someone for you.... I don't want to be a monster...."

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

Despite my whispering in her ear that night a week ago, here we were on that next Saturday night. Out in the town, a broken, bloody bottle in my hand. I stood over that fucker's body, in the middle of the sidewalk. People watched from a distance in disgusting excitement.

"K-Kaoru.... W-What did you do....?"

I turned on my heel and looked in __________'s eyes. She backed away, "Kaoru....? Why....?"

I raised my hand and slapped the girl in front of me. She squeaked and grabbed her cheek, shaking. I kicked her down and grabbed her by her hair. She looked up at me, with those fucking innocent of hers. Those eyes that begged me not to kill her.

I narrowed my eyes and said through grit teeth, "I don't want to be a fucking monster because of you...."

"K-K-Kaoru! STOP-!"

I sliced her throat. She fell to the ground, hands shaking. I knelt down beside her and stabbed her in the head. Her body went limp.

I felt relief.

'Now....I just need to deal with the witnesses... I better get started now....'

I stood up and reached into my jacket. The gun was heavy, but not as heavy as _________'s burdening will to make a monster.

I smiled softly, 'At least I'm not a monster...'