Chapter 3

Rey POV

I land near the star destroyer that I used to call home. As I step out of the ship the uneasy feeling came back to me. I don't know what came over me but I make my way to my old home. Stepping in I see my valuables that are worth nothing to me now. Then I sensed a presence that I haven't felt since...

"Rey", I hear. My heart rate speeds up.

"Finn", I say turning around. Before I can say anything else I sense another presence, a darker presence.

Kylo Ren, he's here...

"Finn, what are you doing here", I shout.

"I came here to find you, Rey, everyday I am without you I-", I hear a light saber activate.

Holy crap I know I'm supposed to fulfill my destiny but really right now?...

"Run!", I yell. Finn obeys and we run outside the star destroyer. I stay put while he kept running. When I see him go into the Falcon I take a deep breath, preparing for the battle ahead of me.

"Show yourself Ren, don't be a coward.", I say with a new found confidence in my voice. "And take off that helmet you hide behind, so pathetic."

"Well, what do we have here, a Jedi", Kylo Ren said bitterly finally appearing without the mask. "

"At least I am Strong enough to stay away from the dark side unlike some people", I mock him.

"Say all you want, we both know who will win this duel", he said pointing his saber at me.

"Then let fate decide that", I reply pulling out my light saber and lunge forward to strike him. He blocks hit easily with a smirk on his face.

He doesn't know what he is in for...

Now the real  battle begins. We attack and defend. He strikes, I block. I lunge, he ducks. After a lot of elaborate movements I catch a weak spot and go for it. He strikes over my head, I block but instead of of stepping back and striking again, I step forward, duck a cut his arm off.

He screams in agony and I can see his light saber rolling away. Luke taught me dueling etiquette so I leave it where it is.

"What's up with your family  and getting their arms cut off ", I mock and start walking towards the Falcon. "

"This isn't over", I hear," I will get my revenge." Instead of given into my hate for him, I walk away towards the Falcon. When I get in Finn is sitting in the co-pilots's chair.

"That was amazing Rey", he said. "

"Thank you", I reply.
"
"Do you know where the closest neutral planet is", I question.

"Yes, Naboo, is a few  parsecs away", he said with disappointment. "General Organa owns a place in the lake country. She said I could use it for a month."

I take us out of orbit and reach for the light speed controls, but Finn beat me to them. I raise one eyebrow but say nothing. He takes us into light speed, and I then put the ship on autopilot. We walk to the seating area and make ourselves comfortable. We will be in light speed for a half hour.

"So", I start,"when did you learn how to fly a ship."

"Well, when I woke up and found out you were training with Luke I thought I would work with the resistance until you came back. To become an officer you have to know how to fly a ship. I passed the test three years ago, so here I am a captain of the resistance." That's when I recognize his uniform.