Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Patrick's Perspective

Meanwhile elsewhere.....

    I've rewatched all of Carter's videos at least ten times each. It was the only way to see her smile at me the way she used to, like she loved me. I saw she was in a video on a channel called WheezyWaiter titled, "Not Again!!1!!". I clicked on it and saw Hank and John introducing a guy named Craig, whom I assume is WheezyWaiter. It was hilarious watching Carter plunk herself don on Hank's back. After the video I went back to her and Hank's channel and saw that a live stream just ended. I started to watch it and it showed Hank and Carter standing by a table with three chairs and a canvas bag. Carter explainn what was going to happen and Pete came on stage. It should be me with her, not Pete. Everything is wrong. I closed my laptop and went to my music rom. I can't bring myself to look at them together. I should've never let her go.
    I sat down at my piano thinking I could take my mind off of her by playing some music, but my head seems to think otherwise. I started to play our song, softly mumbling the lyrics:
I have died everyday
                Waiting for you
                Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
                For a thousand years,
                I'll love you for a thousand more
    I can hear her voice and mine in perfect harmony, I can see everything the way it was that night. The night I said, "I love you" to the girl who made my world stop. I started to play on of Carter's favorite songs, and it gave me an idea. I set up my camera, put it on my piano, and pressed the record button. "Hey so this is kind of out-of-character for me but what the hell. I dedicate this song to the one who makes my world stop. It's one of her favorites, STILLAROUND."
                Go ahead and burn it down
                I'm drunk and so is everyone else
                In this devil town
                They won't let me turn around
                To get one last look at my baby

                While she's still around, 'round, 'round

    I finished recording and put it up on the band's channel. I went on Twitter and tweeted a link to the video and tagged Carter in it. There is no way she can keep ignoring me.

Hey guys I just wanted to take a minute to send positive vibes to everyone in Louisiana today, I have a penpal who lives there and they are getting some awful conditions out there. Everyone stay safe. -Avril Clarke