Chapter 3

chapter 3
Carter's POV

I was sitting on Pete's bed looking at songs Tyler suggested for the wedding. I scrolled through the playlist and I found one of my favorites, I'm With You by Avril Lavigne. Oh Tyler, he knows how I think. "Whatcha listening to?" Pete asked playfully.
"Music Tyler sent me," I replied. I unplugged my headphones so he could hear and he offered me his hand. "What are you doing?"
"Dance with me," he said. I set my laptop on the nightstand and took his hand. He wrapped his hand around my waist and we danced.
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
And you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know where you are
But I, I'm with you
"You know," i said, "everytime we kiss this song starts playing in my head."
"Really?" he asks.
"Really."
"That's adorable," he says, kissing me, "Now he's actually playing." He kisses me again, deeper than the last. Our foreheads are pressed together as the song started playing again. He twirled me and said, "I like this song."
"I like it, too," I said smiling. We kept dancing until I said, "Now it's time for me to sleep. I've got an early flight tomorrow."
"Why can't you stay?" Pete asked.
"I have to pack, Vid Con's in two weeks and I'm meeting with Tyler before for dress shopping," I said. I turned off my laptop and got under the covers. He laid next to me and wrapped his arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Goodnight Carter," he said softly.
"Goodnight Pete," I said even softer back.