9. Something Isn't Right

Nine
Part one
_

Baekhyun sat on the bench in front of the college and waited patiently for Chanyeol to arrive. His hands sat in his lap as he occasionally glanced around to spot Chanyeol.

"Guess who!" Baekhyun's eyes were covered by someone's hands. He smiled, knowing exactly who it was. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun chuckled, moving Chanyeol's hands to turn and face the boy.

"Good morning." Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun from behind, placing a kiss on the boy's cheek causing Baekhyun's smile widen.

"Should we head to class?" Baekhyun mumbled shyly as he leaned back into Chanyeol. "Yeah, let's go." Chanyeol let baekhyun go so the boy could stand up.

Before the boys began to walk, Chanyeol intertwined his hand with baekhyun's and tugged the boy along.

Baekhyun blushed as he followed Chanyeol. He noticed a few of his classmates stared as they walked by but Baekhyun only ignored them as he smiled up at Chanyeol.

The two glass doors slid open as the two approached them. They took the elevator to the second floor where the Dark rooms were located.

The two walked through a small hallway that slowly led them into darkness. "Careful." Chanyeol whispered as he walked slowly behind Baekhyun. As they reached the main door to the Darkroom, the two were engulfed by the dark.

Baekhyun widened his eyes trying to get them adjusted to the darkness, he held out one hand to make sure he wasn't going to bump into the wall.

When they walked into the right room, there were only two or three students inside working on their prints. Baekhyun took a station to his right and Chanyeol took the one beside him.

The two placed their bags into the cubby underneath the enlarger and their photographic paper in the small drawer at the very bottom. Baekhyun grabbed his ID and followed Chanyeol back out of the room.

"Are you planning to do all photos or just a few?" Chanyeol asked as they stopped at the little stand in the middle of the room to fill out a small sheet of paper.

"Depends... I have work today at two so probably only a few today." Baekhyun informed, putting the pen back in the cup once he finished.

"Oh, where do you work?" Chanyeol asked, quickly following him to the check out booth to get their equipment for their first task. "Well, it's not really actual job but I babysit for my neighbor."

"You can take the room all the way down the hall." The student aid gave him a friendly smile as she handed Baekhyun a key. "Thank you."

"And you can have the one right be-" "It's fine, I'll share a room with him." Chanyeol interrupted before holding baekhyun's hand and walking off with their equipment.

"How many kids do you watch?" Chanyeol asked, taking the key from Baekhyun and unlocking the door.

"My neighbor has five but sometimes I watch either two or three." The two walked into the room and shut the door. Baekhyun switched on the light, eyes slightly squinting from the brightness.

***

After about thirty minutes, the two waited as their film was in a metal development spool and sat in some water to wash off the left over chemicals.