Where's eggman?

Tails wandered down the hall. He was looking for sonic who jumped when Tails finally entered the room. "I'm not gonna attack sonic" he said. The blue hedgehog relaxed a bit but was still watching Tails.
"Sorry little buddy...still a bit jumpy from last night..." He said.
Tails nodded in understanding and sat down "I've been wondering....since I woke up, I haven't seen Eggman...I thought he would try to attack us in someway...but so far nothing" he looked over to sonic for a possible answer but the blue hedgehog was twitching slightly.
"he won't hurt us...he won't hurt You ever again..."

This response made Tails feel nervous.
"W-what do you mean?" He asked.
Sonic refused to speak and walked out of the room.
Tails got up as well and walked out. If sonic wouldn't tell him what happened then maybe one of the others would...

After an hour of walking Tails finally made it to Shadows house. He knocked on the door and waited. After 10 seconds the door opened to reveal the black and red hedgehog.
"Tails..." Shadow said.
"Shadow..." Tails responded "I need to ask you a question..."
Shadow nodded "if I can answer then I will..."
Tails looked nervous "w-where is Eggman?"

Shadow tensed up when Tails said those words. 
"Sonic made sure the old fool won't hurt anyone ever again..." He said "...Eggman is dead..."

________________________________

Sonic looked at himself in the cracked mirror of his bedroom. "What are we becoming?"  "protectors..." His voice replied.