Rant

Now I will be ranting about my seventh grade peers.

I know that, when I was in 7th grade, I was basic as fuck. I was literally a cookie cutter white girl except I was chubby. (I still am, ngl)

Okay, well, I was pretty much basic the entire seventh grade year.

BUT THESE NEW FUCKING SEVENTH GRADERS...

they talk about sucking dick, sending nudes, doing drugs. They listen to basic rap and cuss like a sailor and try to be aesthetic/grunge/emo/preppy/popular.

First and foremost, swearing is unattractive (imo) and wont make you popular.

I get that you want to be 'different'...

But you can't have blonde hair, Victorias secret sweatshirts, and white converse for half a year, then start gauging your ears, dying your hair, wearing heavy eye makeup, and wearing band tee shirts under flannels. That's not how it works.

Especially when the only MCR song you know is Teenagers and the only PTV song you know is King For A Day.

I get that they're trying to find themselves or something, but could you at least make it somewhat gradual and realistic? Maybe act like you like the things you say you do.

Look, I know everyone has to start somewhere.

When I was in 5th grade I dressed like a stereotypical butch lesbian every day, then in 6th grade I started gradually wearing skinny jeans and band shirts because I found myself liking bands like BMTH and MCR and SWS and Paramore and such.

In seventh grade I kinda didn't want to be judged bc it was my first year of middle school. I wanted to 'fit in' and be popular, but, eventually I stopped giving a shit,  and wore what I wanted, because I knew my true friends wouldn't care.

So now I don't hang around cheerleaders and prissy white girls, and I'm not as popular, but im damn sure a lot happier.

Moral of the story, don't try to be something you're not because you think it will make you cooler. It wont.

Peace!!