about me

I guess I've just always been the person to never follow the rules. I never really wanted to meet anyone's expectations but my own.
I remember when I was in seventh grade and I got an award in my art class. I don't remember the title, but I do remember my teacher telling me I never followed the rules, rather, I made things my own.
I knew early on that I would live for me. It started out as not doing stuff people asked me to do because I found it useless, but now it's evolved.
Living for me means I help people when they need it. Living for me means doing what I want to do; caring what people think, but saying it doesn't get to me. And sometimes, it doesn't. Living for me means I feel the need to be academically perfect- but I'm not. Living for me means wearing whatever I want even if it's not "fashionable." Living for me means being friends with whoever I want.
Living for me means going against the norm. As much as I'd love to disappear and blend in, I love to stand out too. Not in eccentric ways, but I learned that to be truly happy, you have to be yourself, and if that means I don't "fit in" then so be it.
You might think I'm rude because I'm not afraid to call you out for saying problematic things, you may think I'm outspoken because I'm done being silenced, you may think I'm ugly because I wear all black, you might think I'm stupid because I act weirdly, and you may think I'm pretentious because I (usually) get good grades. People are gonna judge me and you.
The only thing I can really do is just try to ignore them. Never let someone else influence how you live your life. If you're living your life for someone else, then how can you really live?
Be nice to everyone, especially yourself. Do the best you can in all you do. Take care of your body. Don't do things because everyone else does it.

Compassion should no longer take a backseat to expediency. Your words are powerful. It is okay to not know where you belong.

Sincerely, me.