Nobody's Angel: Ch. 4 {A Vampire Romance}

I was definitely not in my own bed. The sheets were too silky, and the mattress was too firm. I groaned and went to stretch, but found my arms restricted. That's when I knew something was really not right.

I jumped and scrambled away from whatever was holding me down. A guy. Seth? I was too disoriented to stop him from swiftly wrapping his arms around me and tugging me down into our former position. My entire body was sprawled on top of his, my head resting in the crook of his neck. Seth groggily blinked open his eyes and grinned a sleepy smile at me. “Good morning,” he murmured in my ear once he had pulled me back to him. “Where did you think you were going?” My cheek was resting on his bare chest, and I felt it rumble with his voice against my cheek every time he talked.

“You had better start explaining,” I snapped. "And let me go!"

I gave a particularly hard shove to his chest, and he loosened his arms enough for me to push myself up. I glanced around the room, biting the inside of my cheek nervously when I noticed that it was a room completely foreign to me. It wasn't his room in that cute little cottage where we had danced to tango music. This one was much bigger and decorated elaborately. The only similarity was the color scheme of red and black.

Seth sighed. “Welcome to your new home, Angel. This is our room.”

I blanched at his ridiculous statement. “Where are we?” I squeaked out.

“In my bedroom, in the castle.”

“Castle?” I responded sarcastically. “What are you, a prince that whisked me away from my evil mother and sister? Am I expected to change my name to Cinderella, too?”

“No, Angel is fine,” he retorted cheekily. I scowled, crossing my arms defiantly. "You'll be throwing yourself at me soon enough, Angel."

"Get me out of here!" I screamed, throwing his hand off that had begun sneaking up my leg. The situation was starting to freak me out. "I don't want you!"

His eyebrows furrowed. “I don’t understand,” he mused. “You should be happy. I want you to be happy.”

“What do I have to be happy about? Enlighten me.”

“You’ll be respected here. I’m here to protect you now, and I always will be. I love you. Do you not feel the same about me?”

“Just tell me where the hell I am, Seth, so I can go home,” I instructed, trying to resist my oncoming headache.

“Go home?” He seemed even more confused. “I told you, this is your new home. You aren't going back.”

“You…you really kidnapped me?” Breathing was becoming harder and harder with every breath. I put a hand to my heart, willing it to beat at a normal pace. It pounded faster, beating so hard I wouldn't be surprised if it left a bruise on my chest.

“Whoa, calm down, Angel. It’s okay, everything’s all right,” Seth soothed, combing his fingers through my hair.

“How far away are we?” I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat. “How far did you take me last night? I was only out for one night, right?”

“Yes, you feel asleep in my arms,” Seth confirmed, staring at me intently. “Don’t stress yourself.”

Well, I thought ironically, I found his flaw. Mr. Perfect turned out to be a kidnapper.

I needed a plan. I had to squeeze as much information out of him as I could so I could get the heck out of Dodge. With a logical course of action, I calmed down enough to speak clearly and focus.

“I’m fine,” I said, smiling slightly. “Can’t you tell me where we are?”

“I guess it can’t hurt anything,” he replied, half to himself. “We’re in my castle. Well, it will be mine soon. Right now, it’s my parents. They’re king and queen right now. I’m a prince.”