Chapter 7:The Other Side Of Elise

Week 2 of cutting

This isn't right...I shouldn't be doing this. I just can't help it. I'm emotionally broken. I had medicine for this but taking it made me feel like I was crazy and maybe I was. I just didn't want to accept it. I haven't cut myself if so long, it feels weird, yet I'm satisfied.

I rinse the blood from my blade and moved along with life. I start cooking and I hear knocking on the door..yes I've got my own house now. I look through the window and see Michelle's car outside. I swear that girl can smell food from 10 miles away. She comes and I greet her.

"What's cooking?", she says.

"Grilled chicken with mac & cheese and green beans", I reply

"Is it almost done?", she hungrily asks

"Allllmost", I say.

I tell her I be back and head upstairs to put on a sweater. Michelle knows I cut myself...when I first started and I don't wanna stress her out since I've started doing it again.

...........

Sooo we start eating and not to brag, the food seemed pretty great to me. A few minutes after we're done, I hear a knock at the door. I see Conceited's car through my window. I opened the door with a big smile and said "Hello!". He smiled and said "hey." Then I put my hand on the door and said "Goodbye!" and simply closed the door in his faced along with locking it. He banged on the door shouting, "PLEASE ELISE!!! I JUST WANNA TALK!! I mean no harm I swear." I looked at Michelle for help but she simply went upstairs.

I opened the door and just attacked me with a kiss. I resisted at first but that's my baby. I kissed back and he finally let me go. 

"Now, why are you here?," I asked him. "I miss you and I'm sorry....." he said. "Tell your girlfriend that," I said. "I made a mistake. I'm sorry. I'll never hurt you again. You mean so much to me," he says. "I didn't a while back," I snap. He simply looks at me as if he hadn't said enough.

I roll up my sleeves and show him my arms. "LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME! I'M NOT BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH TO BE LOVED. I'M HIDEOUS," I say slowly backing away only to fall on my knees crying my heart out.

"Baby I'm sorry. I really am. Just give me a chance," he said. I sniffed and said, "I MIGHT think about it." He just looked at me, kissed my wrists, then my cheek and smiled. "We'll get through this I promise," he said. And with that, he walked out of my house and drove off.

"Sooooo.....what are you gonna do," I thought I heard my conscious telling me.

"Hello.....earth to Elise," I turn around to see Michelle looking down at me from my staircase.  I simply shrug my shoulders and slip off into deep thought.