Make or Break

A/N: Thank you so much for sticking with me. :)  I hope you enjoy this one.  A massive thanks to Jennifer as well for keeping me inline, spotting my goofs and being a brilliant beta. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke's POV

"Here they come," Silas murmured from where he was leaning against the wall beside me. The job we had done was easy enough and it had earnt us both some favours.

"What the...." Silas faded out but I heard the confusion in his voice. I looked up quickly to see North come in on his bike with Victor's BMW right behind him. Bringing up the rear was some little old lady in her bug.

"They can't have found one they liked," I murmured. "Who's that with them?"

I heard a choking noise from Silas and straightened up slightly to get a better view. I watched in disbelief as the driver's door of the bug opened and Kota climbed out.

"No way," I laughed. "What's he doing in that old thing?"

"I think it's.... I think..." Silas couldn't get any more out as laughter was now shaking his giant frame.

"Kota got a granny's car?" I hooted in delight, kicked myself away from the wall and raced over to him.

"Don't say a fucking word, Lucian!" North roared, striding towards us, helmet in hand.

"Don't, just don't," Kota said with a resigned sigh. I had to get this, I just had to. I wiped out my phone and took a picture of Kota with his hand on the door and Nathan getting out the other side.

"Just out of interest," I called. "Have you two joined the local knitting club for old ladies as well?"

Nathan flipped me his finger as Silas laughed beside me.

"Please don't tell me this is for real," I chuckled as Gabriel and Sang climbed out from behind the folded forwards seats. "This has to be the best prank ever."

"Hey, Luke. Silas," called Sang happily. "Meet Betty!"

"Who?" Silas stepped forward as she flew into his arms and hugged him, before moving to me. I hugged her and then set her back from me.

"Who's Betty?" I repeated Silas' question.

"This is Betty," Gabriel said and patted the roof of the car.

"I don't understand," Silas said quietly and I nodded in agreement, neither did I.

"Sang liked her," Kota said on a sigh and it fell into place.

"You have to be joking!" I laughed and looked over at North. No way would he allow Sang to get her own way on a car, especially one like this one. He avoided my eyes, running a hand up the back of his head.

"You aren't seriously going to drive that to school tomorrow, are you?" I was having a hard time containing my own laughter.

"It's not so bad," Kota said. "It drives nice."

"No way am I going with you. It's a clown's car, something I'd expect Mrs Roberts to drive." I couldn't help laughing as I spoke, but I meant it.

I felt a clip up the back of my head and glared over at Silas.

"What was that for?" I demanded, "You can't tell me you like it." He indicated with his eyes to look at Sang. She was a little to my left, Gabriel had his arm around her, but it was her face that made me stop short. She looked heartbroken. She saw me looking at her.

"Don't you like it?" she asked quietly. Hell!

"Well, Cupcake..." I stepped forwards and took her hands in mine. She looked up at me out of big green eyes. Eyes that were unhappy. I had made her unhappy, but I couldn't lie either.