Chapter 1

''Gerard? Gerard are you in there? Gerard!'' Frank pressed his ear against the grubby apartment door, listening for any sign he was in there. Through the silence he could hear the sound of feet shuffling across the hard wood floor and the silence once more.

It had been 6 months since Lindsey and Gerard Way had filled for a divorce. It had been a joint decision and both partners had their reasons. Lindsey’s story and the official reason was that the two had grown apart and there was no spark anymore. This wasn’t exactly the case considering Gerard had walked in on his wife, one afternoon in late November, with her legs wrapped around another man. A few days and many arguments later the two decided that divorce was the only option.  Bandit hadn’t taken it well, much like her father who had been silent through most of the court case, starring at the same spot in the room constantly. He wouldn’t look Lindsey in the eye but who could blame him. The judge granted Lindsey custody over Bandit and Gerard to pay child support and allocated time on Tuesdays and Sundays with her. Gerard kept the house they had lived in together but some of his money went to Lindsey for the costs of the divorce. After the court cases had finished Bandit officially moved out of the house she had always lived in and to her mother’s new home.  And that was it; Gerard was alone with nothing but his art work and house full of memories to keep him company. He would look forward to Tuesdays and Sundays when he could be a father again but it wasn’t the same. He was only a part time father now and that fact stuck in his mind always. The routine of every Tuesday and Sunday carried on smoothly until about 2 months ago.

‘’Gerard seriously open up. I know you’re in there.’’ Frank smashed his tattooed fist against the door once door. The only reason Frank was here was because Mikey had called him up 2 days ago telling him he had run away from their parents’ house. As Mikey was in the Caribbean with Sarah he wasn’t able to run after him this time. He knew Gerard well enough to know what kind of place he would be staying but it still took days to finally track him down. Mikey had also told him that Gerard had been drinking again. This is what worried Frank the most. He had been with Gerard the last time he was like this, back in 2004, and he never wanted to see him like that again. The idea Gerard was alone in a dark world of alcohol and depression almost brought him to tears. He didn’t deserve it. He was kind, beautiful and loving to everyone he knew, so why was he made to suffer like that again?

‘’Fine if you won’t open the door, I’ll do it myself…’’ Frank said to himself. He would have to kick the door down to get in. It wouldn’t be difficult; the door looked like it would fall down with a gust of wind. The whole place looked like it was crumbling anyway, from the piss coloured walls to the concrete stairs. Frank gripped the frame of the door with boths hand, positioning his foot to what looked like the weakest spot. There were already a fair few holes from previous attempts to get in. Whats one more gonna do? He thought. With one swift movement he kicked the flimsy plywood door twice till the lock gave way and it flew back against the wall. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I know its short but it is only the introduction really, just explaining whats happened to build up for the story. Anyway hope you liked it, if so please leave comments and/or vote and I will be uploading a new chapter soon. Thank you bye!