Five

I ran, wind rustling through my short, dark hair, not bothering to check if Caspar was following.
The day I cut it was the first time I felt like myself; the first time I felt free. I got kicked out of home when I was 13, after I came out as transgender. My parents, being the extremely transphobic people they are, yelled at me, beat me and disowned me. That week was the toughest I have ever lived, I was cold and didn't eat or drink anything for the whole week, but then Crystal found me. She worked at a restaurant and gave me water and food for a long while. She was the only person who accepted me.
Then she was killed.
Killed for helping a transgender.
I cut my hair in her honour; she had always told me I should.
I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I kept running.
Crystal, I say making a silent message to her, thank you for being my friend, for looking after me all those years ago. Thank you for being the only person who cared.

I leap over the final gap and stop running as the tears flood my cheeks.

\\                                     ||                                        //

Three roofs ahead I see Safi suddenly stop. I get to the roof and stop, catching my breath.
"Wher-" I start to ask, but then I realise.
This was his house. The place him and another girl lived. That girl, I can't remember her name, she was there though.
I look up to see Safi, tears rolling down his cheeks.
Crystal. I remember. They killed her. I was at her execution.
I wish I could hug Safi right now and comfort him.
Safi turns to face me, cheeks red and damp.
"Stay. I'll be back soon." He says simply.
I have no idea what he's doing, but I don't bother stopping him to ask as he climbs down off the roof.
He didn't have to let me come, after all.
So I lay back against a wall of a building next to me and look up to the now starry sky above, then close my eyes thinking about what I am doing.
I'm the prince and I'm running away with the most wanted criminal on the continent.
I hear footsteps and the rustling of a bag. It sounds like a pillow case.
Ah, Safi must be coming.
I open my eyes and start to stand up when a black fabric case slips over my head and the last thing I hear before I hit the ground is Safi's voice, saying something rude followed by "prepare for hell".