Six

I climb down off the roof, leaving the prince behind.
I walk cautiously through the gap where the door used to be, before the King's men broke in and shattered it like it was glass.
They took what they wanted and burned the rest, all the furniture, our clothes, books.
The once carpeted floor was now blackened wood, holes dotted around the place with dirt showing. Weeds had even started to grow through.
But I was here for the contents of our hidden safe.
Swords, daggers, a bow with 14 arrows, $3861 and a picture of her.
I grab a bag and walk over to the back wall. I search around, looking for the loose brick, pushing on each brick lightly.
Nope. No. Not this one. Yes! I slide out the brick and tap the back of the wall to see if it's still there. A slight rumbling sound comes back.
Only one brick comes out, but I pull out 5 others so I reach in and pull the stuff out.
The safe never had a lock, we could not afford it, so I pull out the weapons. I put a sword and three daggers in my weapon belt and sling the bow and the arrow sheathe over my shoulder. I put the rest in my belt, deciding it would be easier than carrying a bag. There is only the money and picture left, so I pick them both up. I put the money in my pocket while staring at the photo of Crystal.
Her hair looks redder than ever, even if the picture is faded. It curls down further than the picture shows.
But I'm going to be fighting... And running...
I kiss the picture of Crystal, then put it back in the safe and replace the bricks.
"Goodbye, Crystal." I whisper, feeling tears in my eyes. "I won't let you down."
I go to head out the front door gap when I hear voices out the back and the sound of shifting gravel.
The prince!
I ready my bow as I quietly move towards the back door space.
I quietly jump up onto the roof, still unnoticed. 
I say something, but I don't know what it is, then finish with "Prepare for hell!"
The 4 men all look over.
The figure I assume as the prince has been knocked out with a black cotton bag over his head.
I fire my first arrow and it hits one man in the heart. He stumbles off the roof and lands heavily.
My second lands in ones throat. He instantly collapses.
"If you two were smart,  you'd run away and not come back," I say, "but you're not. So - " I don't finish before firing an arrow, closely followed by another. One hits his leg, the second hits his head.
I glare at the final soldier, and realise with a shock who it is.
It's the King.
I pull out my sword and he pulls out his. Our swords clanging together override the sounds of the night.
The King laughs and I swing over to his weak side, making a small slit.
Why did they not wear armour?
Out of the corner of my eye I see Caspar taking off the bag.
\\                                     ||                                        //

I slowly open my eyes to see black, and the hear the sound of swords clanging together. The bag, I think as I pull it off.
Safi is battling with someone. Someone I recognise... It's my father.
I can't stand up, which is lucky, because I don't know which side to fight for, so I just sit and watch, unable to do anything else.
My father stabs Safi in the shoulder, then grabs him, putting him in a headlock.
"Well, son. This is unexpected." My father says.
Safi is in pain, I can tell, but he tries not to show it.
"Safi, I see you've met my son!" The King says. His tone is the same as always, but it somehow sounds angry.
"Now you have a choice to make, and I'd bet you'll make the right one." He continued.
"Your first option is to let me kill you now, and Caspar comes back to the castle, ready to take the crown, or your second option, you die, he dies and I walk away to say whatever I want about what just happened." He says laughing.
"Caspar, we're going to put on a private execution. Just for you."
It takes every ounce of self control I have to stay down on the ground.
"So, Miss Safi, one or tw-"
Safi's eyes are now big. He is going to lose it.
He kicks my father in the leg, making him let her go.
"It's HE!" He says, then drives his sword right into my fathers heart.