six

Hey! You've reached Phil's phone! Sorry I can't answer your call tight now, just leave a message after the RAWR!

"That's seriously his voicemail?" Chris laughed, falling over onto his bed, clutching his sides, "That's Phil Lester's voicemail?"

"Shh! It's ringing!" I waved a hand in is direction to silence him.

"I just can't believe that; it's so dorky-- AH!" I threw my pillow in his direction which cut him off as it hit him in the face. He rolled his eyes, but he continued to laugh silently until I hung up the phone.

"I don't get why he isn't answering," I sighed, tossing my phone down onto Chris' bed and sitting down next to him.

"I dunno Man," he shrugged, "Maybe he thought better of it."

"What?" I felt my face burn red, "You think he changed his mind?"

"It's a possibility," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"No, he would tell me. He would call and cancel!" I shook my head, but doubts were beginning to swirl in my mind. "Wouldn't he?"

"I dunno, Man," Chris said, shaking his head. "I was really rooting for you. I was, but maybe—" he was cut off again as my phone began to ring between us.

"Ha! It's him!" I exclaimed, triumphantly holding up my phone so he could see the caller ID. "Hello?" I answered, trying to play it cool.

"Hey, it's me, sorry I missed your call—"

"No it's fine. I know you're busy." I know you're busy? Really? I mentally punched myself in the face for sounding so lame, but he didn't seem to mind. "I just wasn't sure what the plan was for tonight. I mean, if you still wanted to—"

"Of course I do!" he interrupted me.

"Oh, good," I smiled, "Me too."

"I'm picking you up at seven, right?" He sounded nervous which made me blush. Did I really make Phil Lester nervous?

"Yeah, that sounds great! Sorry, I just... couldn't remember."

"Cool," he said, "I'll see you then."

"See you then," I agreed, hanging up the phone.

"So-oo how'd it go?" Chris batted his eyes at me jokingly.

"Shut up," I said, "Or I'll throw another pillow at you."

"Oh no, how will I survive?" he winked.

"Wanna make yourself useful and help me with my eye makeup?" I asked.

"Really? Oh my God!" Chris asked, wide-eyed in disbelief.

"You said you'd done drag before right?" I asked.

"Yes! Oh girl," he said, "I'm gonna paint you right."

"Please never say that phrase ever again," I laughed, flipping through my closet to find the perfect outfit.

***

"Wow, you look—wow," Phil breathed, making my face flush as I stepped into his black BMW.

"Thanks," I said.

"Your hair is so curly," he chuckled, still staring at me.

"Yeah, it's natural," I stuttered, "I—I thought I'd leave it tonight, I hope you like it, it probably looks like a fucking hobbit oh my God, I'm so—"

"Shh!" Phil laughed at my rambling, "I think it looks great," he said, taking a curl from the side of my head between his fingers. "It suits you."

"You think?"

"Yeah," he said, starting the car. "You should wear it that way more."

"Maybe I will," I said.

"So," Phil saidm trying to cut the tension, "you like Japanese food?"

"I like everything Japanese," I informed him.

"An Otaku Prince, huh?" he said, making me laugh.

"I guess you could say that," I giggled.

"Good, then you'll love this place. It's the best Japanese food in the world."

"Better than Japan?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh, way better!" he said, shooting me a sideways smile. "So, um, I'm guessing you're not from around here."

"What gave me away?" I laughed. "No, I'm not. I'm from Florida."

"Why would you come here?" he asked. "I mean, I don't wanna be rude, but if you're gonna go to school out-of-state, why come to the Midwest?"

"I dunno," I admitted, "I guess I figured that if I act I'm gonna live on the coast for the rest of my life, so I might as well experience the Midwest while I can."

"Not much to experience I'm afraid," he said.

"What about you?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"What about me?"

"Where are you from?" I questioned.

"Oh, Chicago," he shrugged. 

"Woah, really?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"You're really excited about that?" he laughed. 

"Chicago has, like, one of the best theatre scenes in the US," I informed him. "I saw Midsummer for the first time at The Chicago Shakes and it actually changed my life." 

"Well, I don't go home much," he admitted, "but maybe sometime we could go together." 

"Why not?" I asked, wrinkling my forehead.

"Why not what?"

"Why don't you go home that often?"

"I, um, it's a long story," he said.

"I'm sorry," I replied hastily, "You don't have to tell me."

"It's okay." He gave me a reassuring smile, "It isn't really a big deal. My mom just remarried this guy a couple years back and he's kind of a jerk so I don't go there much if I can avoid it."

"I understand," I said, "My dad works all the time so he's never around and my mom's kind of a bitch."

"She doesn't like your makeup," he remembered. 

"No. She hates it."

"Well I like it," he grinned. I tensed as he placed a hand on my knee. I steadied my breathing, I could be cool. We'd already fucked for Christ's sake, I didn't need to be that nervous. I took a deep breath and reach my and forward, lacing our fingers together. He shifted his gaze to stare at my hand in his for a second, but quickly looked away without saying anything.

"It's right up here," he said, "Parking's probably going to be a bitch." He sang the last word, making me laugh. "I'll park a couple blocks up and we can walk. Is that okay?"

"As long as I get to be with you," I said, winking at him.

"Oh my God!" he laughed, "You're such a little flirt!"

"Always," I grinned as he parallel parked.

"M'lady," he bowed, opening the door for me. I grabbed his hand again as we started walking. He flinched when I took his hand, like he was going to pull away but thought better of it.

"We don't have to if you don't want," I said, letting go of his hand, but he held on tight.

"No, I do." He stopped walking and squeezed my hand.

"What?"

He leaned forward and planted a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Nothing," he breathed, "Come on, Princess," he took my hand and I felt my heart began to race as he lead me along the sidewalk. There was a slight breeze which ruffled his dark hair as he walked. He was so breathtaking. I knew I was in deep, like, head-over-heels deep, but I didn't care. Because there was a chance—a good chance—that he was too.