13-"Howdy."

Max-

Tutor?

"I'm sorry, what? Tutor?" I say, brushing hair out of my face.

"Tutor: noun. A person employed to instruct another in some branch or branches of learning, especially a private instructor." Brent recites.

I stare at him. He shrugs. "What? My last one made my memorize the definition when I resisted being tutored."

I wince. I hate memorizing things from the dictionary, especially because my mom asked me learn them in English, Taiwanese, Chinese, French, and Spanish.

Ugh.

Too much work.

Anyways.

I shook my head rapidly. "So, I'm his new tutor?"

Brent's face was flushed as the front desk lady continued. "Yes, when you transferred here, we saw your good grades and you are not that familiar with Brent, so we decided to put you as his tutor."

Oh.

Um.

"Do I get a say in this?" I ask.

"Not really. But you do get extra credit..." the front desk lady leans slightly forward.

That's not fair! She KNOWS I'll do it. I'll do ANYTHING for extra credit. I think. I don't know.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'll do it." I tell her. And then, like the weirdo I am, I turn to Brent and say, "Howdy."

Howdy.

Howdy.

HOWDY.

Something is wrong with me.

Help.

HOWDY.

What the actual coconuts?

HOWDY.

Brent kind of gives me the "what the f*** I think you're mental" kind of look before smiling.

I think he should have stuck with the first look, because that is so much more appropriate.

Anyways.

I turn to the lady. "What do I need to tutor Brent in?"

"Science, Math, History/World Studies, you did okay in English last year, yeah?" The last question was directed towards Brent, who begrudgingly nods.

"Yeah, I passed with a B," he says.

The front desk lady nods. "Good." Then, she turns to me. "Okay, so then you only need to tutor in Science, Math, and History or World Studies or whatever you young people call it," she tells me.

I smile and then, turn to go. "Well, it's been a fine and dandy time, but unfortunately I must go back to class so-"

"Hold on a minute, Miss Hall."

A tall woman with long dark hair blocks my way. She also rudely interrupted me. Well.

I open my mouth to speak, but the lady hushes me with her creepy eyes. Like, where'd you get an eye job? Those eyes are SCARY.

Help.

Brent turns to the lady. "Hi, Principal Duncan," he chirps like a freaking bird.

Wait.

PRINCIPAL!?

WHAT.

THE.

ACTUAL.

COCONUTS???

~*~

Hello! It's not me! Jk it totally is!!!!!

Anyways.

I would like to give a shout-out to my four best friends on Wattpad. They are the best friends anyone could ask for.

queen_scarletta
Jannie15987
devin_rose
treble_cleff12

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Vote! Follow! Do other stuff!

And if you live on the East Coast and there is like 30 inches of snow on the ground, I feel you. I'm there too.

Okay. BYE!!!

Also, I didn't proofread. Per usual. Oh well. Ignore typos, please.

Xox, Anna Petersen