2-"Typical Boys."

Max-

I step out of the plane. And freak out. I'm in freaking NYC and I'm lost. In an airport. And have a slight case of claustrophobia, which will be gone by the end of this trip.

Hopefully.

I slowly make my way to the baggage claim, and grab my two bags after about five minutes of waiting.

I check the notes on my phone. Apparently a lady will be holding a sign with four names on it. Mine and three others.

I step outside the airport and immediately see the lady. The names were written on the sign in bold print.

Everest Jordan
Maxine Hall
Claire Silvers
Brent Mauk

A boy was already at the sign, sitting on top of a suitcase and resting his head on his palm.

When I approached, he stood up. "Everest Jordan. You are?"

"Uh," I say. And pause like the socially inept person I am. I groan internally. How the f*** am I going to survive this boarding school when I can even freaking tell his guy my name?

"Um," I glance up at the sign. "M-Max," I say with a stutter. And then I curse myself because this guy is actually pretty cute but I just made a fool of myself. "Well, it's actually Maxine but I decided that I wanted to be called Max instead so I was just like what the heck because Max is a really cool name and I should probably stop rambling okay I'll just shut up now and as you can tell I have no skill talking to boys and ugh this is why I didn't want to go to an all girls school okay yeah. Shutting up now."

"It's fine," the guy says and grins at me. I manage a smile back and then turn to the lady. "Hi."

"Hello, Max. How are you?"

"Okay. And you?"

"Tired of standing in heels," she groaned and reached down to rub her foot.

Everest glances at me and whispers (but in that whisper that isn't really intended to be a whisper), "She's said that like every other minute."

I laugh, and Everest turns to me, surprised. "You have a cute laugh," he says.

I blush. "And a cute blush," he continues, raising his eye brows at my flushing cheeks.

I groan and hide my face. Everest laughs. "Don't hide from me, Max. We're gonna be best friends."

I grin and turn when a clear, feminine voice rings out behind me.

"HI!!!!!" The girl in front of me has long brown hair that reaches her waist and bright been eyes. She is toting a brown and blue bag behind her, and a black Nike duffle bag was slung over her shoulder.

She drops her bag and gives Everest a hug and then gives me one, too.

I grin. "I'm Max, nice to meet you."

"I'm Brent," she says. Cheerfully.

"Uh, Claire. Hate to break it to you, but I'm Brent."

A very cute boy is standing behind Claire and is currently giving her the evil eye.

Claire squeaked out a sorry and hid behind me. "Max," she hissed. "Help me out here."

I shook my head. "One, I barely know you. Two, I have like no experience talking to boys."

Claire laughs and says, "Oh, Max. By the end of this car ride you will have plenty.

The lady ushers all of us into a van, and I claim a seat next to Claire in the back. Everest sits in front of us, and Brent next to him. Everest turns around to talk to us, while Brent puts in earbuds and zones out, clearly ignoring us.

"Brent," Claire says, tapping him on the shoulder.

He turns around and stares at her. "Yes?"

"Have anything to say to the new girl?" She points not-so-subtly to me.

"Oh yeah. WHAT ARE THOSE?" He shouts, causing the lady driving to swerve the car and Everest to crack up laughing.

Claire leans back in her seat and sighs heavily. "Typical boys," she says.

I nod, because A) I've never heard anyone say that at my old school and B) Claire's tone of voice made it seem like boys do that a lot.

Claire then turns to Brent. "In case you are blind or just stupid, those are Nikes."

Brent rolls his eyes

I turn and look out the window for the rest of the ride and use Brent, Everest and Claire bickering as my amusement.

~*~

So, I'm sorry that the past two chapters have been sort of short but I've been having writers block and SOMEONE (*cough**cough* she knows who she is) has been telling me to post the story already.

Oh yeah. I also wrote this chapter on a plane, so sorry for mistakes.

So. Yeah there you go.

Xox, Anna Petersen