The shocking News

Everything around me was moving slow, our fall from the bridge. My mother is so gonna kill me. That's until I saw Legolas grabbed a rope with his left hand and he stopped, gah! That Traitor! Wait till I get my hands on him.

I was expecting to hit the hard ground but I fell into someones arms. I couldn't see that person because my eyes were shut tight. "You can open your eyes you know." he said, I recognize that voice, I recognize it too much. I opened my eyes, Legolas. I rolled my eyes and murmured "Just as I expected."

My mother came running towards us, "Oh thank the Valar you are okay!" she said as she put her right hand upon her chest. "You can put me down." I said with my hands folded. "Come Darling! King Thranduil expects us." mother said as she turned around after she greeted Legolas with utter joy, I eyed Legolas and said "Put me down!" instead of putting me down gently, he dropped me. "Ow! What in the mines of moria was that for?" I asked angrily while getting up and rubbing my butt which was pain from the drop.

"That's for breaking the bridge, could it hurt to lose some weight." he said putting his hands behind his back and walking towards where my mother took off. My head was boiling. Augh! This is gonna be a long day.

**

My mother was helping me braid my hair because King Thranduil was throwing a feast for our arrival. "I don't get why we have to dress up in these horrible gowns." I complained as my mother yanked my hair trying to make it stay in place. "To impress someone dear." she said with her well mannered voice. "What if I don't want to impress anybody, I don't like the attention." I said. "Now, now, you know Legolas is a fine Ellon. One day you might marry him." my mother said while putting decorations into my hair, I laughed and said "I rather kiss an Orc." mother just rolled her eyes and she finished my hair.

"Anya, please be in a good behavior. Now go put on the gown that I lay out for you." she said as she disappeared through my bedroom door, I sighed and whispered to myself "I can never reach my dream." I grabbed my dress and quickly put it on.

**

I entered the throne hall to join King Thranduil, my mother... and Legolas. There was many of people that I could not recognize. "Ah! Beautiful Anastasia! You look lovely as ever." King Thranduil said, I could swear I saw other elleths scowled at me.

I took my seat next to my mother as we all continued to feast upon the yummy food that was in front of us, "So Anastasia? What are your hobbies?" the king asked me. I took a sip of my wine. "I love spending my time climbing trees and arch... ow!" I was cut off by my mom's foot stepped on my foot. "Her hobbies are playing the flute and she sews and cooks." my mother continued for me. I know how to do those things since she forced me but I never considered them as hobbies. Legolas eyed me suspiciously.

We were all in the middle of feasting, talking and even dancing until the king had an announcement. "Everybody I have great news!" I wasn't that all interested, so I slowly took small sips from my wine. Until I heard "Lady Eleanor and I have planned that my son Prince Legolas and her daughter Anastasia shall be wed." my eyes widen and Legolas spit out his wine that he just drank. We heard applauding from people but Legolas and I shouted in unison "WHAT?" As we looked at the king as if he just announce his love to an Orc.

Legolas stood up and tried talking sense into his father, me? My mother walked out on me to ignore my complaining. I knew that this time I won't win. So I stood up and grabbed a bottle of wine from a waiter and went outside, I found myself strolling around the garden.

I was drinking and drinking until my bottle of wine was empty, I couldn't stand or walk straight. That's when I felt warm arms wrapped around mine.