Chapter 1

Riley's pov:
"Riley! Get up and get ready for school!" My mom yells from the kitchen. I grunt. I don't want to get out of bed. I just want to stay in it forever and sleep. I pull the covers off of me anyway and start my usual school morning routine.
I undress myself and put on a light pink sweater with light blue jeans and floral print vans. I quickly walk down the stairs to find cereal already on the table for me.
A voice comes on from the intercom thingy (idk what it's called) " 'Sup losers, it's Maya." I stand up and run straight to the door and with me being my clumsy self, trip on a table leg. My whole family laughs and and I blush in embarrassment. I open the door and stare at the beautiful blo- wait what?! Maya interrupt my thoughts by saying "Hiya Riles!" "Hey Maya," I reply with a smile. I invite her in. "Breakfast is cereal today," I inform her. "Sounds good," she says while pouring herself a bowl of Cheerios.
We finish eating and Maya grabs my hand, making me blush, "We have to go or we'll be late for school. Bye everyone!" We run out of the door and Maya still doesn't release my hand. Darn it Riley! It's a friendly gesture, who would like someone like you anyway? Especially Maya! Tears start to form in my eyes and Maya notices. "Riles, you okay?" "Yes!," I lie and squeal nervously. She glares at me for a long time knowing I'm lying, but shakes her head and pushes it off.