Chapter 6

Riley's pov: We hurried out of the school before my dad would catch us and ask where we've been all day. "Maya, what are we going to tell my dad?" "We'll think of something," she smiled at me and that calmed me down.
Maya walked with me to take me home. "Riley?" "Yes?" "I can't trust you to be alone right now. After all what happened today." "I'll be fine," I lied and forced a fake smile. Maya sighed. "Ok, but just remember, none of that stuff she said about you was true. Text me if you need anything." "I know" All of it was true, I told myself. She dropped me off and left me alone with my thoughts.
I was going to be the only one at home for a couple of hours. I lied down on my bed and began to think about all what happened today and what she said about me. Each time I remembered another name she called me, it made me cry harder than before, and soon I was sobbing. Then I started to think about my love for Maya, and that she would never love me back. I'm too worthless, ugly, annoying, and pathetic. Then I started to think about life, what was the point of it? I started to question my own existence. How much longer will it take before I reach my breaking point?I couldn't handle it anymore. I grabbed a sharpener and screw driver out of my desk and disassembled the blade from it. I looked at it. I deserve this. I dragged it across my skin over and over again... Until I heard a knock at my bay window. I looked up, and dropped the blade when I saw who it was. We both had shocked expressions on our faces. It was like the world had just stopped moving around us and it felt as if we were frozen in time.