Chapter Three: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

Chapter three: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

"Hey there you are Jo!" I heard someone call out to me in a thick Irish accent. To my left Seamus Finnigan was plowing his way through the crowd over to me. I quickly broke apart from Snape and Dumbledore and walked over to him. The first years were just arriving from across the lake when we sat down at the Gryffindor table. I made the mistake of looking up at the teachers table and locked eyes with Snape he gave me a weak half smile and I just turned my head away and focused on the sorting that was happening before us.

"Ackerley, Stewart!" Professor McGonagall called, she placed the hat on the tiny boys head once he sat down on the stool.

"RAVENCLAW!" The sorting hat announced, I started clapping as the young boy walked over to the Ravenclaw table to join the rest of them. Harry was staring off at the Ravenclaw table.

"Baddack, Malcolm!" McGonagalls voice called out agian.

"SLYTHERIN!" I clapped weakly at this one, Fred and George were booing at him but it couldn't be heard over the clapping at Slytherins table. Bet you Snape is excited to get another little snake. Ugh, I have got to stop thinking about him. A young boy named Owen was sorted into Hufflepuff while I was listening to Seamus making commentary on the younger students.

"Creevey, Dennis!"

Collin's younger brother was up, he was talking about his earlier. Hope he gets sorted into our house.

"GRYFFINDOR!" I started clapping like mad, the first Gryffindor to be sorted into our table! Hagrid was also cheering from him from up at the staff table. Professor McGonagall also looked pleased with the answer. Tiny Dennis Creevey walked up to our table and sat down by his brother who was on the right of me. He was telling him about how he fell into the Black lake. I leaned over and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Jo. Congratulations on making Gryffindor!" I said to Dennis. He gave me a big smile and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Dennis Creevey, and thanks! I know I'm going to love it!" He exclaimed.

Nearly Headless Nick came over to the table to examine the new group of Gryffindors as Natalie McDonald was sorted into our house.

"Now that we are all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore began standing at his podium. "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well." I turned my attention to Filch, who was now oddly running up to Dumbledore. He reached the headmaster and whispered something in his ear.

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event the Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who don't know the Triwizard Tournament brings three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear if chosen you stand alone. Trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted." He added grimly. Seamus turned back to me with a confused look on his face and I just shrugged turning my attention back to the headmaster. Snape was leering in the background and I was trying to focus on Dumbledore. "But more on that later." He continued with his usual tone.

"For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress Madam Maxime." Dumbledore announced. I gasped as the back doors to the Great Hall flew open and a group of girls in blue dresses and small pointed blue hats busted in. They began walking in like normal but then they began to do a dance, Ahhhing and releasing enchanted blue butterflies.

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Seamus said nudging me in the side, as if I couldn't see the extremely tall woman walking towards Dumbledore. This dance had no doubt attracted the attention of every male in Hogwarts seeing as they began clapping like crazy once the dance ended. Madam Maxime walked up to Dumbledore and he kissed her hand, welcoming her to his school.