Sammy

"Rebel, would you like to hang out at the mall after school?" Sam asked.

I sigh, she knows about my fighting, but I don't want to turn her down. "I can't, I have a fight tonight. They say it's with one of the best street fighters. Lightning Blast."

Her eyes widen. It looks almost like fear. "Rebel, don't go. Lightning Blast is the strongest of the strongest. You're going to get hurt." This takes me aback. I didn't know she even paid any attention to street fighting.

"I'll take my chances. I'm slimmer, so I have my advantages. I can do it, Sam. If I don't, then have something about me being the dumbest person in the world written on my stone." I joke lightly. To be honest I was shaking and nervous now. I wouldn't let Sam know that though.

"You be careful, Rebel. Please, for me?" Sam says with sincere concern.

"Yeah, can't promise anything, but I'll try. You stay safe. I'll call you after the fight." I say quickly about to head out the door.

"Okay, love you Rebel." Sam calls after me. We say I love you because we are almost like sisters.

I hold my hand up behind my head as I am walking through the door. "Love ya too, Sammy." With that, I am on my way to my car.

******

I usually tell my parents I am going out with friends or some nonsense as an excuse to go to my fights. They buy it all the time.

This time I told them I was going to the gym. I don't know why they bought that one, I have a personal gym in the basement. Oh well, I'm just glad they aren't suspicious.

I head out the door and back into my car with a water bottle, my fighting gear, and an apple. I hope what Sam said wasn't true.