RLT 10: Love High School :>

July 13, 2013

But in my case, you'll never realize what you've gained until you realize it. That's why I'm telling this story, of how my High School life went from worst to best. Cliché? Trust me, it is. 

Before I started High School, I'm on top. Graduated as a Valedictorian of my former school, i had my hopes up. I'll be a Valedictorian in High School too, was what I kept in mind. Until culture shock took me by surprise.  I lost my confidence from then and there, but didn't know.

I realized how poor my education and studying habits were. I realized how tactful I was, how I can be out of bounds at times. I realized I was overconfident, and boasted of it too much. I finally realized that I have lost, lost the chance of remaining on top, but never lost the opportunity to make it right.

First year was a rough year, no doubt. It ended without me knowing what I have done, that I repeated the same mistakes when I was transferred to another class. I gained the chance, but lose sight of it the next time I tried.

Third year was different. I improved in terms of my Academics, second from the class' honors list. I discovered my talents as an individual and used them in the organizations that I've joined. Still there were challenges that I have encountered, people I doubted and mistakes I have repeated. Nevertheless, I gained a part of me that kept me going.

Fourth year started with my eyes welling with tears. I was back in the class that made my life hell, the same class that made me unwell. But through some months of my stay with them, I got along and knew my lessons well. I made new friends as my wounds from the past were mended by the present. I guess we all needed to grow separate ways so that when we find each other again, we're ready of what might happen. I gained my happiness as I lost grip of fear. And that was how I enjoyed as I end my Senior Year.

After Graduation, I realized how much I've grown, how much I have learned and how much I can do. From then and there, I gained what I have lost without realizing it at first note.

##