RLT 14: Relationship Goals

Lately, I have been seeing pictures of random couple doing this and that or screen-captures of conversations with the caption 'relationship goals.' Some include cuddling, little surprises which may involve just a little treat from your favorite fastfood chain, big surprises such as spontaneous dates and the like. These relationship goals may vary for every person (if we all want the same thing, wouldn't it be boring?) and for that case, I'm sharing some of mine.

Before I begin, let me just tell you not to judge me if my expectations are too high and as I'm writing this, I am just 18 years old and had just gotten out of a relationship (and haven't moved on yet).

The use of "need" and "want" may be hard so I'll just write in bulleted form
A relationship...
- where we understand each other... Not just a compatibility in our personality but understanding our hopes, dreams and even fears, knows their importance yet we love each other anyway
- with surprises. I love ice cream, little notes on my notebook or planner, birthday surprises. It doesn't have to be surprise dates with dresses and jewelry given to me. I understand that big surprises require a lot of money and in our age, we are not capable yet. It just have to be simple ones: you showing up at my door (or wherever I am) with an ice cream when I'm sad or taking care of me when I'm sick.
-where we support each other in our own career choices or life decisions, unless our decision is crazy enough to get ourselves in trouble, then someone would have to speak up.
-where we are there for each other, not just physically. A simple call when I'm having emotional breakdown late at night will do.
-where we both enjoy our families: him enjoying mine and vice versa.
-with adventures. It doesn't have to big, it just have to be fun. Going to a park will do, or a trip to your favorite arcade, or to my favorite cupcake shop. We both try new things. We both share the misery when we are lost somewhere in between roadtrips. Some adventures may fail, but at least we did them together.
-where I will always choose you and you will always choose me. Girlfriend>Party. Boyfriend>Girl time
-where we respect each others' friends and believe that both of us need to have time with our respective friends from time to time.
-centered on God. By this, we both pray to Him for guidance and ask for strength for the relationship to keep going.
-where no one gets left behind... That even after all the pain and challenges, we will still choose each other. What's love without the ups and downs of life right?