Chapter 10: we're her family

Alex’s P.O.V

Before Emily left she had given Hotch a document the bank accounts for all people responsible for the arrest of Ian Doyle. Morgan came walking into the bullpen where we had set up a case board I still hadn’t told David about Parker in a way I didn’t want to. In his mind Parker found the perfect adoption family grew up like any other kid got a job hopefully became successful.

“I’ve got four names of the bottom of this list Prentiss gave us, Luke Renault, Lilly Riley, Lila Raffelby, Laurence Rodgers,” he said writing the names on to the sheet in the correct spaces.

“All with the initials L and R,” I said in a kind of shocked voice

“the CIA often use cryptograms like that to assign there non-official cover agents working on the same case,”

“so do a lot of foreign countries,” agreed Morgan, “these last four names are covers, spies,”

“wait, no this isn’t right,” Garcia said snatching the piece of paper from Morgan and shaking her head, we all gave her confused looks, she explained “see this space that shouldn’t be here,”

“could it be a formatting error,” asked Reid

“no this is a spread sheet template, the formatting doesn’t allow for this, there’s a missing name on here,” she exclaimed

“there’s another agent whose cover is LR,” confirmed Hotch 

“Lauren Reynolds is dead,” mumbled Reid

“what?” asked Hotch

“Lauren Reynolds is dead, Prentiss said that on a phone call seventeen days ago but her intention wasn’t of surprise or grief it was like a mantra like she was reminding herself,” he exclaimed standing up “Lauren Reynolds, LR,”

“if Emily is the last one on this list then she is on Doyle’s List too,” I said in a grimace tone, Hotch picked up his phone and dialed Emily’s number  and a phone rang nearby 

“that explains her behavior these past few weeks the secrets the evasion,” David agreed

“she’s been biting her finger nail again too,” Reid was flustered

“guys,” said Hotch holding up Emily’s phone badge and gun,

I couldn’t believe she left without even saying goodbye. When JJ was forced to go work at the pentagon, I made her promise that she would meet up with me every Saturday when I wasn’t on a case, she agreed and so far so good we have managed to meet up almost every second Saturday. But if Emily is on Doyle’s list. He will either kill her or she will kill him I was praying for the later of the two.

“She left her badge and gun, why would she do that?” asked Morgan

“it doesn’t make sense, wh...Why run we’re her family? we could help her,” Reid stuttered

“Doyle’s killing families, she’s not married, not close to any relatives, Doyle was ready to wipe us out,” David explained he was the only one thinking rationally “she ran to protect us,”

I had hard enough I knew the only place I could go without being followed by the conversations about Emily was David’s office. I knew that by going into his office the only one who would follow me would be David. I walked into the office and closed the door behind me I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes. Emily was protecting our team from the team that killed my mother. Yet I was keeping my knowledge about them as a secret. I knew who one of the team was but he is dead so does it really matter anymore?