Chapter 2: Audition

Maggie: I walked down the street. I saw people lined up outside a building. I walked up to a registartion table. "Name?" a woman asked, clearly excited to see me.

"Maggie Nelly," I said.

"Phone number?" the woman asked. I stated it to her. Along with my adress and EMail. "Experience in acting field?" she asked. Get ready for a list people.

"Lead in Summer Schemes, supporting role in the The Crisis, lead in Surfing USA, supporting in Comedian's Wife, lead in Patial Cares, lead in Vampire's Blood, lead in Watch Me Burn, lead in Writing Letters," I said. I didn't even mention my acting in school plays. There was alot of those too. A girl in the line's jaw dropped.

"Is that all?" the woman asked sarcastically.

"More or less," I said. She chuckled to herself.

"I'll bring this in and can you go wait in line," she said. I went to the end of the line, pulling headphones over my head. I hit play on Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and listened to the guitar. The girls around me seemed panicked. One of them had a look of about to cry, another puked into a garbage can across the sidewalk. Then there was me. I had done this so many times and done well, I no longer cared. It was easy. Heck, it almost wasn't fun it was so easy. Although I still loved doing it.

**************************************************************************************************************

I was called into the audition room a couple of hours later. I stood in front of a bunch of judges. I looked them straight in the eyes. "Maggie Nelly," I said. They all nodded.

"And your scene?" the director, Nick Cassavettes (he did the Notebook), asked.

"Scene two," I said. He nodded. I looked at the script, taking a quick breath before letting myself fall into character. It was now when I noticed the man in the room. He was the one who traveled around with the director, uncasted.

"You," I stopped, just as the script said to, "You're here?"

"Yes," the man said, "I had to see you."

"No," I said, not meeting the man's eyes just as told in the script, "You and I had our chance. You screwed it up for both of us."

"As in you wish it were still?" the man asked.

"Never," I muttered under my breath.

"What?" the man asked, "I didn't hear you Cynthia."

"You heard me," I said, "So just go."

"No," the man said, "I won't."

"Please," I whispered, pretending to be on the verge of tears.

"I will send you a rose, every day, until you love me," the man said.

"That's alot of roses," I said, smirking.

"I hope not," he said. Then the scene was over. The director stood and clapped.

"Brilliant," he said. I smirked.

"Thanks," I said.

"We'll be in touch," the director said. I nodded before flansing out of the room.

Niall: I waited outside the building, leaned again the door of Maggie's new Bug. I saw her come out. "So?" I asked.

"You're looking at the main girl of the movie 12 Million Roses," she said. I smiled. Then I wrapped my arms around her, kissing her.