NO ESCAPE

There it was, written in big bold letters: SUDDEN BREAKOUT OF JOE MORTEZ. 'Yesterday, on September 17th, at 3 in the morning, Joe Mortez's cell was found isolated. Officer Patrick Maloney was skimming past the cells and observing all the prisoners when he skidded to a stop in front of Mortez's empty cell. "I was just doing my job like every other day, passing the same prison cells, when I saw the empty cell of Joe Mortez. I was then full on alert and moved closer to his cell to see how he had escaped. I noticed in the right corner of the room that one of the floor tiles was out of its place and instead placed to the side. In result, there was a gap big enough for a man to fit through and escape. Franticly grabbing my walkie-talkie I contacted my boss, other officers and some homicide detectives. This is not the first time something like this had happened and I have a feeling this won't be the last. So I suggest everybody out there to stay close to their families and stay cautious of their surroundings as a psychotic killer is on the loose," stated Officer Patrick. Search squads have widened and are sent to each state of America in search of the sudden breakout of Joe Mortez. '

Mrs. Jackson folded the newspaper with trembling hands as she gazed at her husband with a look of panic in her teary eyes. Her shoulders shook uncontrollably as she sobbed and covered her mouth with her hands- muffling the noises. Mr. Jackson embraced his wife in comfort as silent tears disobediently slipped down his pale cheeks. The safety of his family was now in great risk. After all these long and tiring years of escaping from his younger psychotic brother- he had finally felt safe in his heart warming house in California, but now his whole world came crumbling down.

Mr. Jackson Mortez is an extremely rich man and owns one of the world's largest company. On the other hand, his younger brother Joe Mortez is the opposite. Joe had always despised his older brother due to the fact: he always got everyone's attention, was an A* student, was praised and admired by everyone. While, Joe was looked down at and was compared to his older brother all the time. Now that Joe makes his own decisions, he wants to take revenge and make his brother's life miserable just like he had made his...

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson stayed in each other's embrace, deep and lost in their own thoughts. Of their future. Kids. Jobs. Lives. Everything. They were helpless, yet were determined to stay and keep each other safe.

Mr. Jackson took in a deep breath, held his wife's shoulder and looked her dead in the eye with determination, sorrow, pain and especially regret. If he hadn't married his wife, she wouldn't have been facing all this trouble with him, but he couldn't imagine what it would be like not having her and his kids within arm's reach. It would feel as if someone had stabbed him in the heart repeatedly, they meant the world to him and he would do anything as long as they were happy.

"You know what this means honey..." stated Mr. Jackson tiredly.

"I know, but what should we do? We can't just get up and leave everything! We've got our jobs, the house, bills and the kids just moved into their new school a year back!" replied Mrs. Jackson with panic. A hint of worry seeped through her words as different theories played in her head.

"I'm sorry honey, but we have to do something, especially with my younger brother on the loose. I can't stand the fact if anything happens to you or the kids. We're just going to pack all the necessary items and then move somewhere for a while. I have a feeling we're going to be moving a lot from place to place. I'll tell all of my colleagues and yours the reason to our disappearance and the principle of Noah and Isabelle's school already know about our past. We'll go to Texas. Joe hates Texas because that's where we grew up- it will be the last place he will be looking for us. I hope," reasoned Mr. Jackson

Mrs. Jackson sighed and spoke as she couldn't say 'no' and her husband did have a point. "OK, I'll start packing up and tell the kids we're leaving for a family reunion."

"Good, I'll take out the suitcases, put them in the rooms and call someone for a private jet because we don't have time to book a flight," replied Mr. Jackson as he got up from the kitchen counter and started walking out, but stopped when his wife called him hesitantly.

"Yes dear?" he asked politely.

"Umm... don't you think we should tell the kids about the reason we're moving. I mean... it just hurts not telling them especially when it involves them too. Can't we please tell them, they're 16 now, they're old enough? The guilt has been eating me since the beginning," Mrs. Jackson asked hesitantly, yet pleadingly.

Mr. Jackson looked at her with pain and guilt in his eyes, yet he was too scared for his kids. "I'm sorry honey, but it's for the best. I don't want the kids to worry and get paranoid. I think it's best if they don't know, I'm sorry."

SO GUYS I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT IM GOING TO UPDATE IN PORTIONS AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THE STORY! BE SURE TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!