Prince of Roma- Chapter 10

Apologies for short chapter in advance, will make it up by posting another one in a few days.

Chapter 10
---------------

"Jeff!" Evelyn exclaimed.

"Fuck!" Maxwell muttered simultaneously, but both Evelyn and Jeff could hear what he said and she stamped his leg in response.

"Ow!" Maxwell exclaimed as he winced and eyed his violent mate.

"Jeff, this is Max. My mate Max, Max is my mate. He is Max" Evelyn rambled.

"Max" Jeff said lips press together and a low grumbling comes from his throat, he said his name like it was poison ivy.

Max eyed him warily, this was her mate's father or rather someone she considered her father. He needed to make a good impression for everyone's sake.

"Yes sir, Max" Max stepped forward and put his hand out.

He stared at Maxwell's hand for a moment "Max" he echoed unpleasantly and shook his hand in a vice grip.

"Yes. Max" Max confirmed, pulling his hand from the death grip.

He just looked at him trying to intimidate him. Maxwell put up a bravado while Evy was sweating bullets next to him.

"Tonight. Dinner. 8 PM, don't be late" Jeff spewed and disappeared back in to the house.

Both Maxwell and Evelyn let out a breath of relief and stood there in silence recovering.

"A man of few words isn't he?" Maxwell deadpanned.

"Not really" Evelyn added back "But the image of his daughter making out could have something to do with it."

"Yeah, he is such a buzzkill" Maxwell added with a smile as she swatted his arm.

"Just because of that, no goodnight kiss for you" She said moving to the door.

"Don't you think that is a punishment too severe" He asked in mock hurt.

"You will live" She added.

"Barely" he said ruefully.

"Good night Max" She said stepping in to the house and holding the door to close it.

"Good night Evy, have naughty dreams all about me" he grinned.

"I will, but what is to say I will limit my dreams just to you?" She smiled evilly at him and closed the door.

"Ouch, my poor heart!" she heard him say from the other side of the door. She couldn't stop smiling as she walked to her room.

***

They had audience today. Apart from the usual.

Being trained by Roma wolves was bound to attract attention. There were a bunch of her pack wolves loitering on the sidelines of the pack grounds. Evelyn tried to ignore the extra eyes and focused on her target in front of her, an impossible target. She took a deep breath and lunged only to meet air where her target was a moment ago. Adrian moved like a ghost, she landed and turned, cursing. Today's theme was 'catch me if you can' and looks like Adrian was as slippery as an eel. She tried to hide her disappointment at her failure, tried to reassure herself that she was dealing with one of the best warrior of Roma.

After forty five minutes of huffing, panting, lunging and turning up empty. Adrian called it a day, mercifully. As a sweaty Evelyn beat a hasty retreat to where Alex and Jeff were standing. Adrian was intercepted by one of her pack wolves and after a short discussion they both returned to the ground.