°| 34 | Noragami

^It's a three man show baby! ❤

^Sexy Yato 😍😍

^Season two opening song!

Random voter and commenter gets a dedication!

English Anime name: Noragami

Japanese Anime name: ノラガミ

Number of seasons: 2

Number of episodes: 12+13

Genres: Action, Adventure, Shounen, Supernatural

MAL ranking: #322

MyAnimeList.net rating: 8.2

My rating(out of 10): 9/10

Synopsis:

In times of need, if you look in the right place, you just may see a strange telephone number scrawled in red. If you call this number, you will hear a young man introduce himself as the Yato God.

Yato is a minor deity and a self-proclaimed "Delivery God," who dreams of having millions of worshippers. Without a single shrine dedicated to his name, however, his goals are far from being realized. He spends his days doing odd jobs for five yen apiece, until his weapon partner becomes fed up with her useless master and deserts him.

Just as things seem to be looking grim for the god, his fortune changes when a middle school girl, Hiyori Iki, supposedly saves Yato from a car accident, taking the hit for him. Remarkably, she survives, but the event has caused her soul to become loose and hence able to leave her body. Hiyori demands that Yato return her to normal, but upon learning that he needs a new partner to do so, reluctantly agrees to help him find one. And with Hiyori's help, Yato's luck may finally be turning around.

Personal opinion:

All of us have seen that one series or show or book that didn't seem to know which direction in which it was going. Noragami, however, manages to pull off all of its elements perfectly without even batting an eye.

Now, even though I'd like to call it as such, Noragami is not perfect, as is anything else out there. But though it has its problems, I was never once bored or dissatisfied with this show to a large extent. The only thing that would make this bump up to a ten would be the confirmation of more to come. Though the anime had its happy (if not rushed) ending, there is still so much manga content to be animated, including the /incredible/ arc focusing on Bishamon, Yato's other arch-nemesis from centuries ago, but now's not the time to mention that. Noragami is a great blend of comedy and the supernatural, a character-driven show that really gets you to feel and has a tone that tends to capture. Beneath it all are underlying tones of darkness and grief, but still manages to put on a lighthearted tone when it needs to. But all in all, I had a great time watching the ride and grew attached to it. This anime will most definitely have a little reserved corner in my heart as one of the greatest animes of the Winter 2014 season and I'm looking forward to the possibility of a future season three. And with that, I leave you.

"May our fates intertwine."

Don't forget to
Vote✔
Comment✔
Follow✔
And add to library for more frequent updates! :)

*************
~ⓗⓐⓝⓐ ⓙⓔⓛⓛⓨ &
~ⓝⓐⓢⓗ_ⓔⓕⓡⓞⓝ